Will we EVER get engaged?

rams10

Yes, you ignore it. He obviously didn't mean it. Why do you focus on that one incident when he has so many other horrible ways of treating you?

So I ignore him telling me he loves me and wants to marry me just a month earlier? I think he's right I was being non-trusting, but don't you see it's hard to trust a guy who tells you he loves you for first time... You hug him... And then he immediately tries to meet up at a bar alone with another girl , proceeds to flirt with her long afterward? And then he never apologizes and actually tells me I can "keep effing waiting forever" for an apology? And all the other shadiness, like saying "I don't know who that girl is" then I overhear them talking about the time they went out dancing on tables (before me)?

And who knows how many examples there are, because I realized he deletes texts and/or changes girls to guys' names in his phone. Whereas I have always talked to my only real guy friend (who lives far away) on the phone when my boyfriend is within earshot, out of respect for him as a person

Yes you ignore him telling you he loves you and wants to marry you. He only told you this because it's what you wanted to hear and it would shut you up. He was not sincere and he didn't mean it.

How I know? Look at everything he did and said after he said he wanted to marry you. Are those the actions of a man in love wanting to get married? NO. They're the actions of a man that doesn't give a damn about you.

So I ignore him telling me he loves me and wants to marry me just a month earlier? I think he's right I was being non-trusting, but don't you see it's hard to trust a guy who tells you he loves you for first time... You hug him... And then he immediately tries to meet up at a bar alone with another girl , proceeds to flirt with her long afterward? And then he never apologizes and actually tells me I can "keep effing waiting forever" for an apology? And all the other shadiness, like saying "I don't know who that girl is" then I overhear them talking about the time they went out dancing on tables (before me)?

And who knows how many examples there are, because I realized he deletes texts and/or changes girls to guys' names in his phone. Whereas I have always talked to my only real guy friend (who lives far away) on the phone when my boyfriend is within earshot, out of respect for him as a person

Seriously, what advice would you give your daughter or close sister regarding this guy, if they were in your shoes?