Can't Read This Guy

Country_Girl

Cannot read this guy...

Met him over 2.5 years ago when he visited my state for a concert, he was staying with his friend. Had been in my state for 2 weeks, but had to go back home to FL 2 weeks after meeting him.

We hung out 4 times, hooked up 1 time while he was here.

We've been Facebook friends the whole time, he has not been in a relationship. I never look at his Facebook anyway cuz he never checks it or updates it, it's always others tagging him and he rarely responds to any questions on it. I see that as a good thing, he's got other things going on.

We talk on the phone once every 3-6 months, he initiates these conversations by calling me. I know he wants to come out here again, would be rough with his business though. I know he doesn't call me for an ego boost, he doesn't need that and I know the type. He's just a free spirit and wants to stay connected.

Anyway he called me tonight and said he wants to come out here before ski season is over, he complained about the friends I met years ago that he stayed with, how they are all married now- I said not a problem he can stay with me.

I don't know what to think...we agreed long ago that we live too far apart, can't do the LDR. But he seemed open to it tonight. He is really close with his sister, I've always known this- and brought up tonight how strong her relationship is with a guy that lives in another state and how much he respects that.

He mentioned "we" need to start our own business and trade seasons living together between Colorado and Florida.

I like him, I have never stopped. Before we got of the phone I told him he needs to come out here to ski/snowboard before the snow melts. He agreed.

How should I proceed?

Lightheartedly. He may just be using you for a more hospitable than usual place to crash since all his friends are married. No telling what he has going on. A lot of people dead on Facebook, it's because they have very busy social lives and don't feel the need to shout it to the world. Still, sounds like a good time to me. But don't overthink it or take his idea seriously and just have him come and stay and get to know him better. Ask questions and get to know him. He travels, so maybe the distance isn't that big a deal to him if you two really hit it off. Good luck. Just have fun. Don't dwell on having expectations. it's too soon.