I dont own her but...

Now a new guy has started at work & she seems to have "hit it off" with him too like what we did. Now im wondering if shes a player, an attention seeker etc. How in the space of just a few weeks can she have his phone number & claim that they get on really well?. Yes, we "hit it off too" but even after 12 months I still don't know everything about her, even though there is a lot I do know about her.
There was a girl that I met though a friend that I was instantly interested in like no other I had met before. When I first met her, I learned of a ski trip that she was going on. Although I barely knew her and had only spoken to her for less than an hour, I decide to go on this trip specifically to see if I could get to know her better. On the bus ride up, I learned that two guys that I knew were in competition dating her with one of them seemingly having the upper hand. Since as a new skier she was to spend the first day in ski school, these two other guys went off skiing for the day without her in a more advanced section of the mountain. Although I was an advanced skier myself, I decided to ski in the newbie section where she was taking her ski class. Soon after her class began, I approached her and told her that with such a large class she will learn very slowly and this might frustrate her. When I offered to teach her to ski one on one, and promised her that by the end of the day she would be way ahead of the rest of the class, she said yes. From that moment on, she skied every day with me, ate every meal seated next to me, and rode home on the bus sitting next to me. The other two guys were stunned, as they knew that prior to the trip I did not really know her.

That woman is now my wife, and we have been happily married for over 20 years. My wife was not a “player”. She was a person that had a right to determine on her own who she would fall in love with, and she fell in love with me and not those two other guys that knew her before me. That is how it works. Just like my wife was not obligated to fall in love with those other guys just because she started dating them before she knew me, your co-worker was not obligated to fall in love with you instead of the other guy just because you started dating her first. But do not lose hope. Somewhere out there is a woman that will fall in love with you for being you, that will drop all the other guys that she knew before you to be with you. If it is not this woman, it will be another.

Edited by Try
  • Like 2