What should I do?

Artlover

Hi everyone:

It's been awhile since I've visited. I have a quick question. I met a man through friends last summer at a gathering. We noticed each other right away and kind of locked eyes and then we preceded to not speak to each other the rest of the evening. I think we were both shy and I also think he was seeing someone at the time. Anyway, fast forward to last Saturday night. The two friends who introduced us are getting married and threw an engagement party. Again when we saw each other there was an instant attraction. This time I summoned up the courage to talk to him first. He was instantly engaged.

We spoke on and off that night at the party and afterward a few of us went out for drinks. He and I were the last two to leave and we had a nice talk. It was very low key. He's just a nice, down to earth person. He was very warm and we both tpuched each other a lot. On the arm to make a point. At one point he even put his arm around me. More friendly than sexual. He waited with me to get a cab and I told him I had a fun time hanging. He seemed happy to hear that and said he also had fun. Then he quickly said he wanted to hang again. Neither of us had a pen or paper or anything. So I told him he should get in touch with me through our mutual friends. He then made a joke "my people should call your people". Then I joked "yes, but I'm pretty busy, so I might not call back right away." We both laughed and that was it.

Here's the problem, I was actually pretty distracted that night and not exactly myself. I was nice enough, but not as focused or as enthusiastic as I would normally be if I'm romantically interested in someone. When he hugged and kissed me goodbye, I kind of tensed up and moved my body away. I'm concerned that he might not really think I'm too interested and as a result, won't call. Do you think I should get his number through our friends and call him? It's been 4 days so far. BTW, he broke up with that other woman a month or two ago. They were together about 5 or 6 months.

You worry too much. If he's interested, he'll call. You might just have your friends call him and offer him your number. Otherwise, there's no reason you shouldn't call him.

I think it's excellent that he may have gotten the impression you're not too eager. Guys get turned off if a gal is too agressive. So if you do end up calling him, don't be too pushy about things. If he doesn't suggest getting together, then you can do so but make it something simple...not a heavy date.

Hi everyone:

It's been awhile since I've visited. I have a quick question. I met a man through friends last summer at a gathering. We noticed each other right away and kind of locked eyes and then we preceded to not speak to each other the rest of the evening. I think we were both shy and I also think he was seeing someone at the time. Anyway, fast forward to last Saturday night. The two friends who introduced us are getting married and threw an engagement party. Again when we saw each other there was an instant attraction. This time I summoned up the courage to talk to him first. He was instantly engaged. We spoke on and off that night at the party and afterward a few of us went out for drinks. He and I were the last two to leave and we had a nice talk. It was very low key. He's just a nice, down to earth person. He was very warm and we both tpuched each other a lot. On the arm to make a point. At one point he even put his arm around me. More friendly than sexual. He waited with me to get a cab and I told him I had a fun time hanging. He seemed happy to hear that and said he also had fun. Then he quickly said he wanted to hang again. Neither of us had a pen or paper or anything. So I told him he should get in touch with me through our mutual friends. He then made a joke "my people should call your people". Then I joked "yes, but I'm pretty busy, so I might not call back right away." We both laughed and that was it. Here's the problem, I was actually pretty distracted that night and not exactly myself. I was nice enough, but not as focused or as enthusiastic as I would normally be if I'm romantically interested in someone. When he hugged and kissed me goodbye, I kind of tensed up and moved my body away. I'm concerned that he might not really think I'm too interested and as a result, won't call. Do you think I should get his number through our friends and call him? It's been 4 days so far. BTW, he broke up with that other woman a month or two ago. They were together about 5 or 6 months.

Hi, Artlover, Fishbulb here... I'd say get off your Picasso, spend some Monet and call the guy. It will take some Chagall, but it beats saying 'Ono, I didn't get my Manet'. So get in your Van, Gogh get an avant carde, Maillol it off, and lose those feet of Klee! :) No, seriously, life's too short. Take the risk. FB

If he's as shy as you, and you possibly gave him vibes that you weren't all that interested, chances are he's not going to call because there's no way he's going to risk rejection.

I say get his number from your mutual friends.......and give him a call!! There's definitely nothing wrong, pushy, tacky about doing that. Maybe suggest getting together for coffee or drinks.

He sounds like a really great guy and those are darn hard to find. Don't let him slip away!!!

Let us know how you make out...

Laurynn

Thank you guys so much! I was leaning towards calling him, but I didn't want to make a wrong move. I'll wait a few more days, just in case.

If he's as shy as you, and you possibly gave him vibes that you weren't all that interested, chances are he's not going to call because there's no way he's going to risk rejection. I say get his number from your mutual friends.......and give him a call!! There's definitely nothing wrong, pushy, tacky about doing that. Maybe suggest getting together for coffee or drinks. He sounds like a really great guy and those are darn hard to find. Don't let him slip away!!!

Let us know how you make out... Laurynn