Emotional Blackmail

fireman_mal

fireman_mal

As a perpetrator of Emotional Blackmail towards my wife, I am seeking any information or help in this area.

Web sites, books written for the offender etc. I have read Emotional Blackmail by Dr Susan Forward and want to rid my life of this evil behaviour. Any help welcomed

Regards Mal

PS Seeking wisdom and understanding

Believe me when I say, I'm looking too. Wifey uses this all the time and she was getting better at refraining from it. Until last night. Now I'm pissed and yes, even in our perfect marriage, there's trouble in paradise. I'm so pissed at her right now. Probably more than I've ever been. I didn't say a word to her at all this morning and she's acting like it doesn't bother her. She's at fault too.

HokeyReligions

You are aware of it and that is the first step. If you can't find answers and help in books, perhaps some short-term counseling would help you to understand and address the core of the problem. It may be something that you have never considered and a good counselor may help you 'dig it out' of yourself so that you can apply the changes you desire in a healthy and positive manner.

The answer is different for everyone, even though there are similarities in behavior patterns.