horrible friendship break

My friend and I have been friends for nearly 20 years.

We had a falling out and he told me let's go our seperate ways.

I tried and pleaded to fix it, he didn't budge.

I sent angry emails then asked him to never come back.

Every minute I want to write and try again to fix it but feel hes truly gone.

Has anyone ever forgiven a friend in these circumstances?

He will forgive you, if that's what you mean. Girls lash out in pain, anger, hurt, fury, all sorts, and guys know this and take the tirades with a pinch of salt.

Give him some time, and he'll come round. And you'll heal.

Your story sounds so sad.

Falling outs with anyone about whatever is never really ideal or fun, hopefully your 20 years of friendship means more than whatever split you for the time being. Knowing someone for such a significant part of your life would be pretty valuable to me, but I know some people can leave things without a worry or care. You can give it some time but if no change happen, then consider writing a long sincere message, email or even real life mail you know he'll get, explaining your view on the entire situation. Best of luck and all the best.

• Author

He seemed pretty clear he wanted to move on and be left alone. I'd love to write now, I don't want another day to pass feeling this bad but I'm afraid he would feel like "move on"

I'd like to harden my heart, Im so mad, confused. But I truly feel unwelcome. I think how can you just move forward, we talked 20 times a day.

I dont know if I should keep fighting to save the friendship.

I don't want to be a bother but feel his pride will stop him from reaching out since I told him not too. Im so incredibly sad this happened.

I just moved to a new city. I feel vulnerable and its lonely here.

Desperate to fix this.

In your other thread under Friendships, you said he was clear he wanted to end it and move on. You need to accept and respect that. You can't make someone who's done come back.