I met him a few months back, now he has a chance to contact me and silence....

Okay so a few months back I went out to dinner with my mum. Our waiter was cute, charming and made it very clear he was interested. After we left the restaurant my mum only confirmed what I already thought. I planned to visit the restaurant a week later to go back and get his number but I decided against it in the end. I forgot about the whole thing.

Yesterday I went back to the same place with a friend of mine for lunch. That same waiter was serving us and once again he made it very clear he was interested. Much to my surprise my friend and the waiter knew each other! They had a casual friendship and stayed in contact from time to time (my friend is gay so I know there's no romantic attachment there) anyway my friend asked if he would like to come on a night out with a few of us in a week or two. He was delighted and of course accepted.

Later that night myself, my friend, the guy in question we're added into a group chat on whatsapp to sort out the details of our night out. The guy was silent the whole time. He didn't reply to my friend or myself but he did read the messages back and forth.

I'm abit confused as to why he would show so much interest and then be completely silent when he had the opportunity to contact me separately from the chat (as everyone's number is exposed to the participants in the chat) or even reply within the group cha.

Any ideas?

WonderWoman911

That's very strange. But I'm wondering when you say that he 'made it very clear that he was interested', how did you come up with this assumption? Was he smiling at you extremely a lot the whole time you were there, was he admiring you from afar, checking you out, etc.? Because sometimes waiters or waitresses do what they have to do in order to get a nice tip from people.

There's nothing strange about it.....he's a guy letting two hens work out the details.....he's one smart man.

Don't know anything about this guy but he was probably busy playing Call of Duty and randomly checking his phone while his character reloaded.

Don't worry about it and have a good time.