Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

so basically as long as you have a can of mace you can date a guy who is 18 inches tall??

lol, that's funny.

I think it's more important how your torsos line up when horizontal and other ways ;)

Plus, I have no interest in effing a mattress or a guy the size of one. BTDT

LOL. That actually made me laugh when you mentioned this site. If I ever seen the girl I'm with posting on loveshack, I'd probably dump her instantly lol.

Ummm, then what does that say about you? I guess she should dump you.

• Like 2
Even though yuou are certainly entitled to like what you like, this is kind of silly....sorry...

There is a guy that works for me that is like 5'8" and maybe 135 lb...Beanpole thin...But this guy is very strong...I doubt highly that any woman, regardless of size, would be able to "break" him...:laugh:

Conversely, I weigh almost 230 solid...Do you think I would "break" a 115 lb woman??

TFY

It is silly. Maybe there is a better way of putting it, but I have heard it from others. Kinda like liking women with some meat on their bones. But in the context of feeling safe, the larger guys feel more secure. I was married to a lanky fellow. 135lb at 6'1". The attraction was very there. But I've loved the feeling of someone bigger.mostly I was debating the type of safe that taller guys can make a girl feel ;)

It's sub a good thing that not everybody likes the Same thing =o)

• Like 1

Why do we have another thread thinly veiled as another bit&hfest against women and the continuing victimhood of these poor dateless men. Aww, Loveshack, it never fails.

Sigh, okay here we go. I know of know woman who equate height with strength. Most women I know are usually smart enough to at least start correlating muscle with strength and then ergo "protection" but the more sophisticated ones know that it is the brain that equates protection (if that doesn't make sense to you then pass it by, you are not in that category).

I prefer a guy who is my height or somewhat taller because I like about an equal height. Now I do like the sensation of tilting my head up to kiss (I am a sucker for a standing up kiss). I am a sucker for broad shoulders, why because they would be very different than mine, so that is more of my attraction. I am not attracted to a man that has narrow shoulders. I also prefer the "triangle" dimension of shoulders to waist/hip.

I would feel very self conscious if I was with a man that was small/thin enough that we could share clothing. Why? Because I want to be skinnier. And if he was smaller that would feed my prior eating disorder triggers and would be hard.

I do not want extremely short or extremely tall. I have not had any real interest in a man who is over 6'2. It is too tall for me.

And for the record, can I saw, I have met Matthew McConaughey at Fashion Week in NYC a few years ago. Can I tell you that very yummy man is not tall at all. I would say 5'8ish. And he is most definitely easy on the eyes and has no issues finding women who agree. And I am sure even if he was a regular joe, that would be the same.

• Like 3
Ummm, then what does that say about you? I guess she should dump you.

I'm not on here while in a relationship nor would I post about my relationship if I were in one. The ones that post on here about their relationships/marriages usually have huge problems in them.

Because you're not a guy & men don't look at height anywhere as much as women do, not even close.

Im sure there are many tall women who disagree.

I remember reading that the sexiest height for a woman is 5'2-5'3. I guess many men like the daintier women. It is what it is.

• Like 2

I remember reading that the sexiest height for a woman is 5'2-5'3. I guess many men like the daintier women. It is what it is.

then why are all models 5'10" or taller?

I'm not on here while in a relationship nor would I post about my relationship if I were in one. The ones that post on here about their relationships/marriages usually have huge problems in them.

Yes but don't you wonder what your posting history may tell someone? That is a major red flag for me. Not because you are posting but your topics. It is really cutting to the chase of how the person thinks, feels, processes information.

And while in the relationship? I wouldn't have an issue. Why? Because if they are biased you will see it, if they are fair and balanced you would see it, and if they are seeking advice/answers and not pandering to their matyrdom you will see it. A persons online persona tells you a lot about the person I think especially if you have the ability to know but their online and their real life personalities.

• Like 1

Really? Wow. Are there many women that height anymore?

Umm because modeling has nothing to do with men's attraction. Do you think most men like women who are 6 feet and 100 lbs?

Models are tall and thin because the fashion industry believes they showcase the clothing best because they do not add to the clothes. Basically the idea is a walking clothing hanger.

• Like 5
thefooloftheyear

And most male pro bodybuilders are really short...

I do believe that unusually tall women are a turnoff for many men...Most tall women dont look like and arent proportioned like Carol Alt or Heidi Klum..So there is bias on both sides...

TFY

Yes but don't you wonder what your posting history may tell someone? That is a major red flag for me. Not because you are posting but your topics. It is really cutting to the chase of how the person thinks, feels, processes information.

And while in the relationship? I wouldn't have an issue. Why? Because if they are biased you will see it, if they are fair and balanced you would see it, and if they are seeking advice/answers and not pandering to their matyrdom you will see it. A persons online persona tells you a lot about the person I think especially if you have the ability to know but their online and their real life personalities.

Well we all have different opinions on what we want. For instance because I don't want a woman that has had a lot of casual sex, that's a red flag?

Umm because modeling has nothing to do with men's attraction. Do you think most men like women who are 6 feet and 100 lbs?

Models are tall and thin because the fashion industry believes they showcase the clothing best because they do not add to the clothes. Basically the idea is a walking clothing hanger.

they sure drool over maria sharapova, stacy keibler and many others.

Well we all have different opinions on what we want. For instance because I don't want a woman that has had a lot of casual sex, that's a red flag?

If that is what you walk way from as the compilation of your posts, and their message, than THAT is a red flag. :confused:

they sure drool over maria sharapova, stacy keibler and many others.

Okay. I didn't say they all needed a bag on their head. Both they aren't all models. And most men I know, especially ones that have met models, while they find them pretty don't find them attractive. Most men like some curves and models don't usually have curves.

If that is what you walk way from as the compilation of your posts, and their message, than THAT is a red flag. :confused:

What does that even mean? So I can't have a specific preference, yet it's okay for women on here to say they'd **** a guy that looks good for casual sex regardless of his character? That to me is a red flag of the type of woman she is if she admits to something like that. I just wouldn't want to be with the woman that goes around banging strangers for casual sex a lot. Not my type of woman.

So it has nothing to do with "deserve to be loved." They deserve to be loved if someone finds them lovable. The problem with short guys, as it is with a lot of other guys, is they are never satisfied dating the women who WANT to date them and all feel entitled to move up a few levels in attractiveness. Plenty of short guys end up married, but they're not going to be married to someone way out of their attractiveness level unless they excel at something and are confident. Without confidence and accomplishment, they will probably not get the girl everyone considers beautiful or pretty or girl next door. They will get their female counterpart, the mousey girl, the girl with acne, the socially awkward girl, the unconfident girl, etc. Is it fair? Life isn't fair. You get out of it what you put into it. Being short doesn't make you a good guy. It doesn't mean you'll treat women better. In fact, you're likely to harbor all kinds of built up resentment that will make you treat them worse.

I thought this should go here too.

Most men like some curves and models don't usually have curves.

i don't know, i've met some pretty curvy models

Because that's what women like. Many models like VS are picked according to what women like, after all, it's women who buy most of their products, get the catalogs, etc. Fashion industry modeling standards have little if anything to do with what men find sexy.

• Like 1
Because that's what women like. Many models like VS are picked according to what women like, after all, it's women who buy most of their products, get the catalogs, etc. Fashion industry modeling standards have little if anything to do with what men find sexy.

twice i had girlfriends drag me kicking and screaming to victoria secret stores. it was extremely uncomfortable and the other women in there looked at me like i was a pervert. after a while i figured out that i have to stick close to my woman to seem "safe"

not according to this. if you read through it all the women had say otherwise and got mad when the guys said they like they do not find them attractive.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/mind-body-soul/physical-fitness-health-weight-management/506816-plus-size-models-cosmo

yeah, i don't see tall women moaning and complaining as much as the short guys, or feeling sorry for themselves or having inferiority complexes to the extent men seem to. and tall women have just as many struggles as short men. just as (most) women want a taller guy, most guys want a shorter woman.

• Like 2
yeah, i don't see tall women moaning and complaining as much as the short guys, or feeling sorry for themselves or having inferiority complexes to the extent men seem to. and tall women have just as many struggles as short men. just as (most) women want a taller guy, most guys want a shorter woman.

K, so are we in agreement, men want to be bigger than women, and women want men to be bigger than them.

As a pretty buff woman (5'5, 150+ lbs of beef), I've found that it works better if the man is bigger. By bigger I mean well over 200lbs and well over 6ft tall. Otherwise theres not that contrast, and most men want that contrast between themselves and a woman. Even if he's not tall, he does need to be athletic, but once again there are less issues if he's significantly bigger than me.

• Like 1

Because women are the ones that get approached. Tall women still get hit on. While short men don't know which women have issues with their height. I mean you know there's a problem when every single day there's a height thread. Also, another forum I go on that's not particularly about dating constantly has height threads. It's just a shame that women have the mindset of wanting a tall man. And they wonder why so many short men are insecure when they made the guys that way.

• Like 1