So Upset

my bofriend is going away to college next year and i'm just so upset about it, i miss him already and i'm so scared that things won't work out when he leaves, we have already decided to stay together but i'm always hearing bad things about long distance relationships, does anyone know of any long distance relationships which have survived?

Now I know you are smart enough to know the answer to your question. Some of them survive and some don't...just like in-person relationships where the two people are in the same town.

There is a lot more work that must be done to keep a long distance relationship thriving and there must be lots of phone calls and visits or it will die on the vine. It's really up to the level of committment each of you have.

Without the in-person interaction, it is likely to diminish in attractiveness for both of you but it doesn't have to. It just does for most people, depending on the number of visits and the length of separation.

It is highly likely you'll start seeing other people well before he does. Believe it or not, it's usually the female who breaks up the long distance deals because she wants to see somebody else.

But many of them do succeed. And people win the lottery as well. You'll have to do a lot of work here and, in time, you may determine it's just not worth it.

It's all up to both YOU and HIM!