A Friend?

My ex recently broke up with his girlfriend and has starting asking me to go do things with him. Before we dated, we were best of friends, but he cheated on me with this girl, so I put an end to everything...our relationship and our friendship. The only time he tries to work things out with me is when he is not with this other girl (they have a shaky relationship). I'm sure that he's just using me because he's lonely, but I still love him. Should I try to work things out and just forget him all together? Please help...I'm so confused.

• 4 weeks later...
Austin Reed

You already know the answer you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear. You already know in your heart what you have to do and you need no external validation.

Support him but don't go down that road again. Good luck.

My ex recently broke up with his girlfriend and has starting asking me to go do things with him. Before we dated, we were best of friends, but he cheated on me with this girl, so I put an end to everything...our relationship and our friendship. The only time he tries to work things out with me is when he is not with this other girl (they have a shaky relationship). I'm sure that he's just using me because he's lonely, but I still love him. Should I try to work things out and just forget him all together? Please help...I'm so confused.

Be his friend. Let him know that you are there and will be there for him. After a while of being there for him and showing him that you still care, he will probably see that you are a better person that the other girl and that you will stick by him. And if he doesn't see it then you are better off finding someone who will care about you, and not just 'use' you for a jumping off point.