Will it ever happen

Okay,

Here's the deal.

I broke up with my boyfriend about 2 and a half weeks ago. It was a pretty serious relationship. Well I told my self that I was not going to depend on a guy for my life. When I was dating this guy he was everything. I had no life outside of him. Therefore I broke things off. Well there is this guy whom I have known all of my life and I have always bee good friends with. Everytime we have seen each other we have always talked and acknowledged each other. Well He is a geat guy. and I would really like the opportunity to date him. But I don't want to be the one to get things started. I think that he should come up to me. One of my very good friends thinks that is will happen if I give it time. And I am good freinds with his family. And His dad thinks he stupid for not asking my out yet. I have always heard that he was really interested in me From several people. I always find him looking at me or catch him watching me. But the past week he hasen't said anything to me. I am just wondering if it means anything. One of my friends say that he might just be giving me time. and that it will happen just give it a while. Other one says that it is because I am intimidating and He probably dosen't want to get rejected But I really want to go out with him. I would love to date him. So he shouldn't worry about it, But does anyone think that this won't happen just from what I have said.

Please give me some advice!!!

This isn't a problem... he obviously likes you, he hasn't spoken to you recently because he is too shy/nervous. Just go up and speak to him, he will realise you don't bite, and things will be fine.

TGC

Be open to him and let him know you like his company. Unless he is as thick as a brick he will get the message and ask you.