Friend has romantic feelings for me, I don't share them

Ok, youre not attracted to her but is she still a pretty girl? I want to know if you can not be physically attracted to someone but not think theyre ugly.

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by reid

Ok, youre not attracted to her but is she still a pretty girl? I want to know if you can not be physically attracted to someone but not think theyre ugly.

Good question! He may not think she's pretty OR he could be gay ;)

• Author

I believe you CAN think someone is not ugly but still not be physically attracted to them. There are lots of women out there who I recognize as attractive, even though I'm not attracted to them. And no, I'm not gay.

If you guys concentrate on the physical stuff, you're missing the point of my last post.

whichwayisup
I've developed a really close friendship with a girl over the last 6 or 7 months, and I've started to get the impression that she's interested in me romantically. I don't want this. I think she's a great person, and I love spending time with her (a lot!), but I'm just not interested. Since she knows I'll be moving away to a different uni in a few months, she seems to be trying to turn up the heat now, before it's too late, so to speak.

So I feel like I'm repeating that chapter in my life once again. My present friend is a fantastic girl, and we have so much in common that I would hate to lose her. But I just KNOW she's going to do something stupid one of these days and tell me how she feels. And she's a very sensitive person... the kind that's been mistreated a lot in the past and has a hard time trusting people. Can it get any worse?

Ok, tell her you adore her like a sister, that her friendship means SO much to you and how amazing it is to have a female friend and not having to ever worry about sex getting in the way. Keep telling her how much you appreciate her and trust her 100%. Maybe even throw in, that you don't trust too many, and she's one of the few who really knows you. Maybe even call her sis once in a bluemoon if you feel she's getting intense with ya.

Hope that helps abit.

Oh yeah, and if she DOES ask...And just she just might...Don't you find me pretty? Say yes, but then enforce that sister/brother connection, that you care for her in that particular way. She will understand that pretty fast.

whichwayisup
I believe you CAN think someone is not ugly but still not be physically attracted to them. There are lots of women out there who I recognize as attractive, even though I'm not attracted to them.

Oh definately! I agree. You can think someone is goodlooking, and not be attracted to them. NOT all guys are turned on by every pretty woman.

I know with me, I've worked with some pretty gorgeous guys. That is all I thought, nothing sexual about them and I didn't feel anything sexual either. Everybody like to look at hot men/women!