You know you are in love when

You know that you are in love with a particular person when you are normally not into doing chores but when it comes to doing chores for your crush you are excited to do them because it gives you an excuse to spend time with them.

That's my case with this female coworker I have been crushing on for the better part of the last 8 months. If she invited me to her place to give me a list of chores I would look forward to doing them just to have an excuse to spend time with her. If she tried to repay me with money or a meal I would politely decline because as far as I'm concerned I have already received my reward which is spending time with her. Doing chores for her to have an excuse to spend time together is worth it. I'm normally lazy about doing chores in my own house but in the presence of a crush? I am highly motivated.

Which reminds me. Is it a bad thing if a student has a crush on a teacher? That depends. If that crush motivates the student to work harder in class to get good grades in the hopes of impressing his teacher then so be it. As long as he keeps his feelings private and uses those feelings as a motive for doing better in class then it is harmless. The ends justified the means. As long as the student works hard and gets good grades then it shouldn't matter what the motive was behind busting his butt with the books. Good grades are a must even if the motives were not right for attaining them.

DrReplyInRhymes
You know that you are in love with a particular person when you are normally not into doing chores but when it comes to doing chores for your crush you are excited to do them because it gives you an excuse to spend time with them.

That's my case with this female coworker I have been crushing on for the better part of the last 8 months. If she invited me to her place to give me a list of chores I would look forward to doing them just to have an excuse to spend time with her. If she tried to repay me with money or a meal I would politely decline because as far as I'm concerned I have already received my reward which is spending time with her. Doing chores for her to have an excuse to spend time together is worth it. I'm normally lazy about doing chores in my own house but in the presence of a crush? I am highly motivated.

Which reminds me. Is it a bad thing if a student has a crush on a teacher? That depends. If that crush motivates the student to work harder in class to get good grades in the hopes of impressing his teacher then so be it. As long as he keeps his feelings private and uses those feelings as a motive for doing better in class then it is harmless. The ends justified the means. As long as the student works hard and gets good grades then it shouldn't matter what the motive was behind busting his butt with the books. Good grades are a must even if the motives were not right for attaining them.

I disagree with your analogy, but that doesn't make you wrong,

I don't think "means to an end" can subjectively change the tune of a song,

To put it plainly, if you intended to save one life by taking a life,

Would you consider that ethically wrong, but morally right?

• Author
I disagree with your analogy, but that doesn't make you wrong,

I don't think "means to an end" can subjectively change the tune of a song,

To put it plainly, if you intended to save one life by taking a life,

Would you consider that ethically wrong, but morally right?

I'm not sure I understand you. I don't think crushes can be compared with taking a life to save a life.

The fact is all teachers hope that their students work hard and strive for good grades. It doesn't matter if a student has a wrong motive for working hard if the end result is he gets a good grade in the class even though his secret motive is that he has a crush on the teacher and wants to impress her. She probably will never know the real reason that student worked hard and she probably doesn't care. As long as the student is doing well in the class then thats about as far as she is concerned. The crush is only a bad thing if he starts hitting on her, asking her out, etc.

DrReplyInRhymes
I'm not sure I understand you. I don't think crushes can be compared with taking a life to save a life.

The fact is all teachers hope that their students work hard and strive for good grades. It doesn't matter if a student has a wrong motive for working hard if the end result is he gets a good grade in the class even though his secret motive is that he has a crush on the teacher and wants to impress her. She probably will never know the real reason that student worked hard and she probably doesn't care. As long as the student is doing well in the class then thats about as far as she is concerned. The crush is only a bad thing if he starts hitting on her, asking her out, etc.

It may not be comparable, but in my opinion, it's the same logic that applies,

The end result is what you're looking for, but the experience is in how you arrived,

Motivation is tangential concept, one that matters only to the person,

Should the motivation be revealed in your ex., then the result only worsens.

Is the target of why you did something be included in the success?

Should you disclose the reasons for your actions simply to pass an academic test?

What you're touching upon, the gravity of it, is a battle between ethics and morality,

The reason why you do something, and judgement of it, is all but just a formality.