whats the difference between casual dating and fwb?

emotionsmessmeup

nothing.

Unless he calls you, takes you out to dinner and puts on a nice (t)shirt, he's simply BS you. Dating means appearing as a couple. Casual dating means .. I have no idea what that means.

I know what casual sex means , though :p.

I think he's saying this to buy time - as in still be your FWB. EMMU, don't let him blur the lines. If it's sex, it's sex. Just know that once you've started down that road, it's pretty darn difficult to go back to dating.

Maybe you should leave your current fwb and find another play mate? This one doesn't sound like too much fun. Other that or date more to take your mind off him.

:o I'm a little more reserved and traditional when it comes to these things, but for me:

Casual Dating: is someone with relationship potential that I spend time with on occasion, but not someone I am familiar enough with to make any commitments to. I may be 'dating' someone else at the same time too (with their knowledge). However, while there might be some cuddling and kissing, without a mutual agreement of monogamy, there is no sex.

Platonic Friend: would be someone I see no long-term relationship potential in. I'd view him more like a buddy or a sergeant brother. Fun to hang out with, but no sexual chemistry or attraction at all. Therefore again, no sex (yuck).

FWB: I have one of those! :laugh: He's my best friend, committed romantic/sexual partner, and my live-in boyfriend of five years. The best of BOTH worlds! The benefit: I don't have to share him with anyone else.

For me, there's just no better way to go. ;)

• Author
emotionsmessmeup

no man...hez the bombest...

he is so funny it aint even funny..

the mans got class....doesnt dress up less than $500...

hes all kinds of fine..!

and i actually went out with him yesterday....after out night...and sex in the morning...we went out for thai...walked outta a restaurant without ordering coz the restaurant was too boring...! went to another sexy strip...

went to a grocery store....he likes...

went to look for furniture...though couldnt find any!

and kissed good bye... :love:

yea i think we are in denial...and ill probably have to end it soon ..

i am so falling for the man!

Maybe you shouldn't be asking too many questions. Just close your eyes and enjoy.

Try not to fall too hard for him. I really miss the feeling of being inlove :(.

I think time will tell which level you're at. I have to warn you though "prepare for the worst and hope for the best".

I'm happy to see there's some sunshine on your street, even if it's for a while.

Curly

• Author
emotionsmessmeup

yea..

god..its an awsome feeling...

i have had this feeling after years...

trying so hard not to fall for him..

not asking any questions...

trying to simply enjoy it...

:cool: