All Men are dogs and need to be neutered...truth or tired cliche?

A new subject....

How many guys are sooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of the cliche that all men cheat or all men are dogs? If I hear that crap one more time, I am going to SCREAM!!!!! Reply and let me know what you think. :mad:

IhavenoFREAKINclue

Not ALL men are dogs. Its just that when you get hurt, that's the only thing you think of. There are genuinly nice guys out there. Theres just not that many

And if they found a nice guy they wouldn't want him. He isn't a challenge and women want a challenge and a guy that everyone else wants. They seem to want the men that treat them bad and when they do then they get mad and call him a dog. Don't be mad at the player, be mad at the game....

Originally posted by blakharte

A new subject....

How many guys are sooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of the cliche that all men cheat or all men are dogs? If I hear that crap one more time, I am going to SCREAM!!!!! Reply and let me know what you think. :mad:

I think you're letting this bother you too much. If someone is incapable of determining the value of another person based on their individual merit then why would you concern yourself with their opinion of a specific gender?

We will never eradicate ignorance. At least not until we regulate breeding rights. :p

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by blakharte

A new subject....

So why did you post it???

Now we ALL have to hear how tired and false this clicheis....again. :confused:

Stereotypes exist for a reason; sometimes they do apply. In order for stereotypes to exist, sometimes the stereotyped group has to perpetuate those stereotypes.

Not all men are bad, but some are. Not all women are bad, but some are. When you meet bad people in life, you tend to pay more attention to how much they hurt you, so it seems that there are a lot of bad people in the world.

Originally posted by followingthru

maybe if so many men didn't lie and cheat, there wouldn't be a stereotype.

There are some cliche's about women too you know......if they didn't do these things, there wouldn't stereotypes on women either........
followingthru
Originally posted by Moose

There are some cliche's about women too you know......if they didn't do these things, there wouldn't stereotypes on women either........

you are right sir! and may i commend you on your super-hot avatar!

i think that we all have to deal with the stereotypes. they are unfair, and they suck. if they don't apply to us, it is our responsibility to prove that they don't. i have taken on that responsibility and i suggest that men who don't want to be classified as cheaters and dogs take on the responsibility for proving they aren't.

All men are cheating dogs!!!!!

Okay...are you done screaming??? :p

I'm kidding I do not really think like that. Actually I think that us women like to say this rather than admit that we just had bad character judgment and chose the wrong guy :o

My 2 cents of course.

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by ~Naive~

Actually I think that us women like to say this rather than admit that we just had bad character judgment and chose the wrong guy :o

Very well said!

My mom used to say that it took at least three men to make one good woman happy. She's somewhat of a feminist, but I do agree with her.

Here is why-

People commend men who would be, if they were women, only adequate. My examples:

You have a single father who raises two kids alone after his wife leaves him for another man. It seems like everyone thinks, "Oh wow, what a good dad! He takes care of his kids!"

My opinion on this scenario- So what? Women do it ALL THE TIME. I should know, I grew up living the very oppisate of that situation.

Just think to yourself, girls- what do you expect out of a male friend?

Perhaps that he's clean, doesn't hit on you, and can carry on a logical conversation.

Women- what do you expect from a female friend?

That she is clean, of course, polite, that she is moral (won't f*ck your hubby) that she can listen to your problems and perhaps tell you how to fix them, who can sympathize when you get PMS, and who will keep you going on your exercise regimen...

All of these things make an adequate friend. However, if a man did this, wouldn't you think he was an incredible friend (or totally gay! LOL)

Originally posted by laRubiaBonita

Very well said!

Hey I have to make at least some time :p

• Author

:rolleyes:

Oh, come on. I am not losing sleep over this. It's just one of those rhetorical questions in the universe. Of course it is a stereotype. Yes, it is silly but oft quoted cliche. Just tossing' something' in the air to see if it sticks. As a man, I do get tired of hearing that but it isn't life or death. :laugh:

Originally posted by faux

Not all men are bad, but some are. Not all women are bad, but some are.

Totally incorrect FAUX. Everyone has good and bad inside of themselves. It is the ratio of good to bad that it the issue here. One person may have 80% good and 20% bad whereas someone else may have the opposite ratio.

Always think of the ratio.

whichwayisup

Stereotypes for everybody! Men, women! Blonde, brunette, redhead! Nationality! Race! Children! Old people! You name it, there's a stereotype for each!

:laugh: