How often to former childhood bullies change?

foxtails_pm

foxtails_pm

Hi, it's been a long ago and I want some insight on this.

I just learned that my male cousin who is now in his Senior year of HS has been going out with none other than the girl that used to bully him way back in 2008. He now doesn't think she's that bad anymore. Even told me, the girl apologized on their second date.

This is the same girl that once bruised him on one of his face. They were both 10 years old back then and yes, she got suspended for a week.

Update: He hasn't seen her since 6th grade (the following year later). He was so happy back then. But this year, she moved in to his HS and is in one of his class.

• Author
foxtails_pm

Another update is my cousin has grown a lot since then. The girl was then 4-5 inches taller and heavier.

He's now at exactly 6ft and around 180 lbs. Though the girl grew too, now he's 5 inches taller than her.

Though I'm wondering if indeed these school bullies change and actually mean it. But I'm glad now he outgrew her. She used to call him dwarf back then too.

Edited by foxtails_pm
Clarence_Boddicker

Was she really a bully, or just kicked his azz? What was the reason it happened? Did she go around assaulting others then?

• Author
foxtails_pm
Was she really a bully, or just kicked his azz? What was the reason it happened? Did she go around assaulting others then?
Yes to all. She attacked my cousin and another classmate back then.

As for what could have caused her to do that back then, according to my cousin her mother would physically abused her when drunk.

Clarence_Boddicker

Is her home life still chaotic? How does she deal with her anger?

They can change some. I'd be surprised if they can totally change though. I know one of my bullies saw me after high school in a retail store and made a point of coming up and apologizing to me and we went and had a drink, and she was nice by then. She was following some worse bully girls and going along with it, mostly though. I'm sure the leader of the pack is still a mean abusive ahole.

• Like 1