Growing to Like Someone

I hope I'm in the right forum. This should be a fairly easy question, mainly for guys to answer.

Have you ever had a female friend that you had no physical attraction or romantic feelings for initially, but then you realized later on down the road that you had developed feelings for her?

• Like 1

Yup. Not often for me but when it happens the physical attraction ends up happening too. Objectively I know she hasn't suddenly gotten more attractive but it certainly seems like she has a special glow.

Yes. If my life were a novel it would currently be the rising action of my romantic plot line.

Just one day I took a look at her and just "Oh my God" 'd my way to whatever destination I was going to. I don't even remember that day, just the way she turned her head and smiled.

It just recently happened to me! I have had it happen before as well.

I think the more time you spend with someone, you discover more about their personality, more of their positive qualities and lastly their appearance becomes more attractive.

Its a good feeling, and its an even better experience if you can take your friendship with them to the next level!

• Like 1
if you can take your friendship with them to the next level!

Yes, when it works it's the best kind of relationship you can have.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks for the feedback. One of my guy friends has suddenly seemed to stop acting normally around me. He seems to have a hard time maintaining eye contact now and he keeps his discussions very short with me. It's odd. I've done nothing wrong that I know of. I was wondering if maybe he's developing feelings for me or something. I'm not interested in him that way so I hope that's not it. :(

PaperCrane
In that way...

Oh gosh, I hate that line. It is like gift wrapping a bomb.

Anyways...

It is possible, or it could be something else in his life. However, it may be prudent to bring it up somehow. If it continues to grow and you've said you don't have any attraction to him, it is best to nip it in the bud, for the sake of the friendship. If he confesses to you and you can't reciprocate it will more than likely end badly.

DavidsonHarley

Yes... We became friends through work and mutual Interest.. She's 14 years older than me. We're spending more and more time together. Nothings ever happened... We're aware that people see us as together and we have a giggle about it. My feelings for her keep getting stronger but I don't want to say anything incase she thinks that's all I've been interested in.

• Like 1
HansonGirl
I hope I'm in the right forum. This should be a fairly easy question, mainly for guys to answer.

Have you ever had a female friend that you had no physical attraction or romantic feelings for initially, but then you realized later on down the road that you had developed feelings for her?

i am glad you asked this. Been wondering myself.

Definitely, as a matter of fact I prefer relationships start that way. I really those kinds of women that unconventionally beautiful. Like the first time you seem them you're like "meh," 2nd time "hmm," 3rd time "mmmm" 4th time... "I wannnnnt youuuuu." And yes, personality has everything to do with it.

• Like 2