am i crazy???

sad'n'lonely

sad'n'lonely

my ex-guy and i had been dating for 5 years, but we had been having problems for the past year or so. my parents have not liked him since the first couple of months. i found out that he had cheated on me in january of this year when we were close to breaking up, but since we didn't it really WAS cheating and he never told me until i found out another way. i thought we would break up then, but we stuck it out and things were fine. then him and his dad cracked on me and when i mentioned it he brought up how much my parents not liking him bothered him. then he kept making references to how irrational they are (they have perfectly good reason not to like him, although they are a little strict.) and when i got tired of his remarks, i asked if he wanted to break up. after talking he decided that we should and we broke up a few nights ago. now i'm devastated and don't know if i should call him or let him miss me and hopefully want him back. so what i guess i'm asking is if you were me, what would you do/have done??

The thing that strikes me most here is that you say your parents have good reason not to like him. Why do you agree with them?

Since I don't know the full story it is difficult to say whether or not you should call him or let him miss you. Why don't you try writing him a letter? This way you can objectively sit down calmly and observe your feelings from a distance. Don't try to censor your feelings. Just write what comes out, then you can later write a final draft to send him. If you decide not to send a letter, at least having gone thru the process of sorting out you feelings and calming down this way will help you deal with the situation from more neutral perspective.

my ex-guy and i had been dating for 5 years, but we had been having problems for the past year or so. my parents have not liked him since the first couple of months. i found out that he had cheated on me in january of this year when we were close to breaking up, but since we didn't it really WAS cheating and he never told me until i found out another way. i thought we would break up then, but we stuck it out and things were fine. then him and his dad cracked on me and when i mentioned it he brought up how much my parents not liking him bothered him. then he kept making references to how irrational they are (they have perfectly good reason not to like him, although they are a little strict.) and when i got tired of his remarks, i asked if he wanted to break up. after talking he decided that we should and we broke up a few nights ago. now i'm devastated and don't know if i should call him or let him miss me and hopefully want him back. so what i guess i'm asking is if you were me, what would you do/have done??