premature baby?

I have an odd question. I don't know much about medicine but I hope there doctors or nurses on this board who can answer my question. is it possible to have a premature baby weighing 7 pounds 6oz.? i was born in february and the same year during the month of november my bother was born, supposly at 7 months of my moms gestation. i'm curious because i don't look like my siblings at all or my parents. please help!

It is possible but highly unlikely. You may not look like your siblings...but how about the mailman???

If you suspect you are adopted, simply confront your parents and ask them to be honest with you. Assure them you know they love you and if you are actually adopted that won't change things.

I think any young person who is adopted has a right to know that.

But, I will tell you, I have seen lots of families where the children looked different...some real different. And indications were they all had the same dad. But these days you can never know.

Maybe this is something that's just between your parents...but I still think you have a right to know. Ask!!!

At 7lbs 6oz. you could have been premature a few months but it's highly unlikely. If that were true, you would have been a monster baby at full term. It IS possible, though. This doesn't give you enough evidence to know for sure. You're going to have to ask.

I am a nurse and let me reiterate what I think you are saying. You were born in February weighing 7lbs 6 oz. Later on, in the same year, your brother was born in November? Now if that is what you are saying, there is know problem. A normal pregnancy is almost 10 months. After a women has a baby she is VERY fertile and it is extremely easy to become pregnant right away if she isn't careful. Your mother could have become pregnant immediately with our brother making it possible for him to be born in November and without worring that you were some elses child. Now that is my answer if I have the question right. Also, I have a sister who looks like NO ONE but we know for a fact that she is our sister, same mother and father. Have you thought that maybe you may look like someone else, maybe a relative a couple of generations back? It is possible. My husband doesn't look like any of his siblings but is the spitting image of his maternal grandfather. Things happen. Hope I was able to help.

Ray