Taking it to the next level

Captain Rob

Captain Rob

Say there's a girl you work with and you would like to get her ICQ number, email address, or phone number. You see, i talk to this girl quite a bit, I'm really attracted to her, we flirt a pretty decent amount, but I'm still not sure If I'm crossing the line by asking for one of these things. I would like to get to know her outside of work but I'm afraid of somehow messing things up. I figured I would try to get her email or ICQ just to get more comfortable with talking to her before I do ask her out (which MUST be done in person, not on the computer). Also, what would be some good compliments to give? Would it be OK to tell her she has a great smile?(She does, but I'm afraid to say it to her) I definately feel there's some attraction since we talk a fair amount and make eye contact any time we pass each other by. I have like a million questions. Any advice?

Anything open, honest, and real would be appreciated. Or any personal experiences you may have to share would also help. Thank you.

Rob

Just come right out and ask for her Email address. Tell her you come upon jokes, funny stories and other novelties in your own mail and over the Internet and it would be very convenient to pass them on to her via Email. Actually, that's a pretty harmless thing to ask someone. Then, go from there.

I see no reason why you shouldn't pursue this lady vigorously. However, I must warn you of the dangers of dating people from work. If things go sour, it can be awkward. And if your co-workers are small minded, a lot of gossip can float around. Just be prepared for any eventualities.

But if you are fond of this lady, and she is fond of you...by golly...go for it...and have a great time.