Did I do the right thing? Hurt, miss him.

duskandsummer

I decided to cut my friend off after a year and a half of knowing him. We actually hooked up before we became friends. We go to the same university and we have the same major. We always see each other because our classes are all in the same building, and we hang out with the same people. We even have a few of the same classes. I just feel like he is friends with me because he has to be not because he wants to be. We never really discussed our hook up (no sex we just messed around) but he did see if I wanted to do it again. After I said yes, the answer he gave me made me feel crappy so it kind of just didn't happen and it was never brought up again. I've been going through some stuff and while I was away for winter break he never bothered to ask if I was okay, or what was wrong. Instead he deleted me off social media, and when I came back to class he was ignoring me. I took the hint and stopped talking to him. He has made an attempt to talk to me, in conversations with other people but I don't look at him and I don't reply. It really hurts because I did care about this person, and I know what ever feelings I felt was lust but still even though I hate him its like I still want him. Not as a boyfriend because I don't see him as boyfriend material and he's a player. Even as friends though, it hurts me sometimes I feel like I should talk to him about it and then other times I feel like he needs to be the one to fix things because I feel like i've put all the effort in our friendship. It's been 7 months since we have talked.

Edited by duskandsummer
too long

You're hurt because he wasn't serious, and he's mad because you were. Time to stop caring what he thinks and put it behind you.

• Author
duskandsummer
You're hurt because he wasn't serious, and he's mad because you were. Time to stop caring what he thinks and put it behind you.

Why would he be mad if I were serious? To be honest at first I might of thought it would be more but then I realized what I felt was lust. I want him physically and I hate that I didn't get what I wanted I guess. The time it was brought up to hook up again..he gave me a "why not" answer and to me that made me feel bad so I didn't act on it. Knowing him he wants me to beg for it, and I'm not like that. I know I need to stop caring, I just don't think I know how. I miss our friendship but I never felt good enough around him. Its like part of me misses him and part of me hates him.