I don't know

Long story short. I met a guy who I went to basic training with for the army. We both got stationed at the same base, and he is currently deployed. I didn't want to live in the barrack, and we were close friends so he told me to stay at his house, with his wife, because the neighborhood wasen't very good anyway. So I did, and over the last 9 months we have grown very close (Nothing sexual has ever happened), and I don't know how I feel about her. Her husband gets back in a few days, and I rotate with him and I will be deploying. The thought of me leaving his wife is absoloutly torture. As I said nothing has happened between us, but there is small things that seem out of the normal, such as her asking for massages. I rub her back, stomach, feet, arms all the time, and a few times she has fallen asleep in my arms on the couch. Am I stupid for thinking there is anything there more than platonic friendship? We went to a theme park a few days ago and it was literally like she was my wife, we did everything together and it just felt right. I know nothing can happen between us because her husband is my best friend, and I would never let anything happen, but am I crazy for thinking like this? I can't help my feelings.. I don't know if I have fallen in love with her, or just became attached since we have been living together for so long, and spending every minute outside of work together.

TaraMaiden2

Well, fortunately as her H is back in a few days, that won't be an issue for you to worry about.

You would do better to find ways to move out, because the closeness has affected your emotional balance.

I would suggest that if, after all this time, she hasn't made a move on YOU - then you need to clear your mind of it and avoid any trauma.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't even think I want her to make a move, I just don't want anything to change, and I know as soon as I deploy in 8 days, everything will, which might be for the best. I could never hurt my friend like that, but I just can't seem to get her off my mind. She is the last thing I see before I go to bed, and the first thing i see when I wake up.. (I sleep on the couch in the den, and for the past 2-3 months she has been sleeping on the other couch)

TaraMaiden2

If you've been there for 9 months, and she's been sleeping on the other couch for half that time - where did she sleep before?

And why the move.....?!

• Author

She used to sleep in her bedroom. She just started sleeping on the couch because we always hung out and half the time she fell asleep there anyway (during movies or what not) so she just started bringing her pillow/blanket and sleeping out here full time.

TaraMaiden2

Well, I suggest she tries getting used to sleeping in her own room again, damn quick.

And fer goodness' sake do not tell her hubby she used to sleep in the den on the couch!

That will set up all kinds of alarm bells for him, and just be the first step on the ladder to huge drama and deep sch!te....

TaraMaiden2

Because he wouldn't believe it was a 'different couch'.

She has her own room. She has a husband.

You are supposed to be a friend.

Where on earth, with a friendship, does it say it's ok for the wife of an absent squaddie, to move from her perfectly good bed, down to a couch, in the same place as his best buddy?

Jeesh, think a bit, ok...?

• Like 1