Can you tell me what it means?

Since I don't know too much about English idiom. here it is:

1) A guy says " I feel one is a true person"

-- Can you tell me what " one is a true person " mean?

2) "the inner you stupid,not how you act!"

--what does it mean??

thank you!!!

Curious in Concert
Since I don't know too much about English idiom. here it is: 1) A guy says " I feel one is a true person"

I couldn't help you with this one. I have no idea what the heck he is talking about.

-- Can you tell me what " one is a true person " mean? 2) "the inner you stupid,not how you act!"

This one, however, I can help you with. Inside each and every one of us is a person, and that person makes up who we are, what we do and how we act most of the time. Now, there are times in which we will do things that are contradictory to what our true person is, and so this has a little to do with that.

I think partially what he means is that it has to do with you as a person, and as a whole. Everything from the way you move, to the way you breath to the wayyou speak makes up the inner you. Each of these qualities is what seperates each person from one another, besides just physicality. I hope that helped a little.

Here is my take...

-- Can you tell me what " one is a true person " mean?

To me this means you are sincere, honest, forthright. You are not trying to be someone else, or act a certain way to fit in.

2) "the inner you stupid,not how you act!"

Apparently this person is attempting to seperate the "inner you" from how you act. The "inner you" could mean a number of things, and the meaning has been debated and discussed for centuries. I think it could be the you that is not trying to impress anyone else. This to me means how you would act when you are at home alone or with your best friends or family. Apparently this person may act very differently depending on what situation they are in, and here they are assuming that you are the same way. They are trying to point out a difference between the "inner you" and "how you act"

The two statements seem to contradict one another. While one says you are a true person, the second statement is pointing out the difference between your true self and how you act around others. However, with the use of the word "stupid" then it leads me to beleive that perhaps the person was being sarcastic in the first statement.

If the person that said these things to you is someone who is nice and friendly toward you, it is ok to ask them to use an example of what they are takling about, or to state it in a different way.

If the person saying these things is mean or generally not friendly, they may have other problems in their life which makes them act and say things that are meaningless and hurtful. They may have been trying to confuse or belittle you. The reason I am mentioning this is because the person used the word "stupid". Without knowing the rest of the conversation, it is impossible to tell if they really think you are stupind or if they were joking. Personally, I think it is an insult to be called stupid even if it is done in a joking way.

I hope this helps, and gives you another opinion on what those phrases may mean. They are not typical idioms.

I'm not sure what this guy said exactly, but if he meant:

"The inner you, stupid! Not how you act"

I would not talk to this jerk again. But then again, I would wonder what exactly you said to him right before this. And I'd wonder if you two are friends or enemies.

I'm not sure what this guy said exactly, but if he meant: "The inner you, stupid! Not how you act" I would not talk to this jerk again. But then again, I would wonder what exactly you said to him right before this. And I'd wonder if you two are friends or enemies.

I said, " Get real, you know who i am...i'm a complusive liar!"

Bobby Dygytul
I said, " Get real, you know who i am...i'm a complusive liar!"

maybe it means your true self, rather than how you show yourself to be in front of other people. The word "stupid" can be misinterpreted. People can call someone stupid, and not mean it in an offencive way, or as crack towards you. They may say it just joking or they are trying to be silly.