I need a "Hitch" in my life.

Not doing so well on my own!

If you fancy a trip to Canada - let me know :cool:

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Three of Swords

I need a "Hitch" in my life.

Not doing so well on my own!

If you fancy a trip to Canada - let me know :cool:

Aw man, we need the women on here telling men how to be charming and approach them :)

Merin, class is in session, care to give lesson #1?

Three of Swords
Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

Aw man, we need the women on here telling men how to be charming and approach them :)

Merin, class is in session, care to give lesson #1?

(Aw man??)

I AM a woman :confused:

And I need a Hitch :o

Maybe I need to know how to be approachable?

ConfusedInOC

(Aw man??)

I AM a woman :confused:

And I need a Hitch :o

Maybe I need to know how to be approachable?

Well for me, if you're smiling at me or making lots of eye contact, that's all I need....

Three of Swords

Hmm - that is a tough one - cause when I am really interested in a guy, I get shy.

I can look, smile, laugh and flirt with someone who doesn't matter ...... but if I like you, I get quiet, reserved etc. I may have to work on that!

• Author

Hmm - that is a tough one - cause when I am really interested in a guy, I get shy.

I can look, smile, laugh and flirt with someone who doesn't matter ...... but if I like you, I get quiet, reserved etc. I may have to work on that!

I do the same thing.. :o

ConfusedInOC

Then act like the person you like doesn't matter ;)

RecordProducer

I suggest that you guys break the ice of your shyness by doing some crazy things that you'd never do normally (just don't hurt anyone in any way). After that talking to the girl you like will seem like drinking a glass of water. ;)

Try something like a candid camera, excluding the camera.

Three of Swords
Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

Then act like the person you like doesn't matter ;)

That is a tough one :rolleyes:

ConfusedInOC

That is a tough one :rolleyes:

I know it sounds odd, but to change habits you have to change your attitude. And that starts with telling yourself (internally) that "he doesn't matter."

• 3 weeks later...
tootheNthdegree

Dear Mr. BigB,

First off, this is my first time on this site, and first time posting. So, you'll hopefully understand if I'm not good at this.

I read your post subject: "Why am I perpetually single".

First I'd like for you to understand that you may be going through a dry spell (decade), whatever....the fact is your young. You won't be single forever. And, for those who tell you to do this or that...the truth is...just be yourself. Okay, you smoke.....okay, you clearly are a softy, who has a gentleness to him...maybe you need to lose weight.....my point. My point is, your match will not be turned off, or uninterested by your list, but rather, see something in you, she's looking for.

Just be yourself. When we try to be someone other than that, and if the motives are just to get a date and have a romp around the hay, that's one thing. But, if you're interested in someone with more substance, you can't pretend to be something you're not. Eventually, the BigB will explode out of you.

I'm a few/several years older than you, so don't be so easy to give up, or lose hope. You have a lid to your pot, she's out there. And, when you least expect it...BLAM....their she'll be.

Don't give up hope. Focus on yourself. Do things that interest you. But above all else, remain true to yourself. It's a vital ingredient that healthly long time, lasting relationships are built on.

Good luck to you....Hold your head up high. Think about yourself and what your needs are, and try and enjoy the single life. I have no doubt that one day, you'll look back on this time and may wish you would have savored it more.

Best Wishes.