Should I take my ex back?

My ex and I (she's 35, I'm 27) had dated off and on for about two and a half years (June 2012 to December 2014) until she went away to prison in December 2014. During the time we were together, she consistently cheated on me (she was a known prostitute here in town, and even used my computer to go to hookup sites to find clients!). When her "business" would go dry, she'd always hang around me and would gladly let me spend money on her. But any time she had a call from someone else who wanted her, I'd be the one left hanging.

There were times when she said she loved me with all her heart, and could even see her and I as husband and wife, yet at the same time had the audacity to share an apartment (and sexual relationship) with a 47-year-old man who had once been my MOTHER'S ex-boyfriend! Yet now that she's locked up, she's writing to me and asking for my forgiveness and for me to put money on her commissary account (which I did when she was in county jail from December 2013 to April 2014).

Her latest letter said that she goes in front of the parole board in July (she's due to be out November 2016 at the latest, she's serving a 2 year sentence). If she gets out, I've got a feeling she's going to come looking for me and trying to get back into my life. Should I let her in again?

Darren Steez
My ex and I (she's 35, I'm 27) had dated off and on for about two and a half years (June 2012 to December 2014) until she went away to prison in December 2014. During the time we were together, she consistently cheated on me (she was a known prostitute here in town, and even used my computer to go to hookup sites to find clients!). When her "business" would go dry, she'd always hang around me and would gladly let me spend money on her. But any time she had a call from someone else who wanted her, I'd be the one left hanging.

There were times when she said she loved me with all her heart, and could even see her and I as husband and wife, yet at the same time had the audacity to share an apartment (and sexual relationship) with a 47-year-old man who had once been my MOTHER'S ex-boyfriend! Yet now that she's locked up, she's writing to me and asking for my forgiveness and for me to put money on her commissary account (which I did when she was in county jail from December 2013 to April 2014).

Her latest letter said that she goes in front of the parole board in July (she's due to be out November 2016 at the latest, she's serving a 2 year sentence). If she gets out, I've got a feeling she's going to come looking for me and trying to get back into my life. Should I let her in again?

She's 35. Been in jail twice. Cheated on you right in front of you.

What was the question again?

• Like 4
mystikmind2005

There are plenty of guys who would love to find a suitable woman for an open relationship - let her find one of those, it definitely what she needs

• Author
There are plenty of guys who would love to find a suitable woman for an open relationship - let her find one of those, it definitely what she needs

My only hope is none of those guys are parents (yes, that ties in with why she's incarcerated now).

Lois_Griffin

I'm assuming your screen name is short for Asperger's?

Disordered or not, that's not an excuse to act stupid. She's used you in every way POSSIBLE and you want to go back for more based on her lies about 'love' for you? Damn. I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I want to sell you...

Shall I assume there are NO OTHER WOMEN in your town except this hooker you used to date, and that's why you're desperate enough to be considering this?

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm assuming your screen name is short for Asperger's?

Correct.

She's used you in every way POSSIBLE and you want to go back for more based on her lies about 'love' for you?

At this point I'd really only take her back if she could prove she's changed. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but stranger things have happened.

Shall I assume there are NO OTHER WOMEN in your town except this hooker you used to date, and that's why you're desperate enough to be considering this?

There are some things I do miss about her. To her credit, she was a good listener, and she seemed to be able to read me much better than most other women I've known. But I don't miss the drama. I admit I'm better off without her (case in point, there were multiple cases of her being verbally abusive to me, to the point of me vomiting blood from the stress she brought on), but I do still care about her to a small extent (mainly because of knowing she's likely only got another 5 years to live, at most).

LivingDeadGrl

You are young and have a whole life ahead of you. Why on this earth would you want to be with a cheating prostitute ex con?

You have far better options in this world, you are just in for a world of more pain... and possibly some STI's.

Also, she is just sorry so you'll give her money for jail. Move on!

• Like 1

Paleeze! She's asking for forgiveness and money? she'd always hang around me and would gladly let me spend money on her. She needs a place to go when she gets out of prison and then she will continue with her previous life. Don't be a doormat. Get a grip.

Do not respond to her in any way. Keep moving with your own life and keep it in order. You do not need to surround yourself by irresponsible women with less than reputable histories.

Is this post for real?