1 in 5 residents are cheaters? - How is this possible?

TaraMaiden2

Him: "Honey, I forgot my password to AM..."

Her: "It's 'Imhotandsexy'..... oh schytt....."

Him: "Aaaaa-hah! Now I know who "Imwetandhorny' really is!!"

OP, if finding this outlook decidedly gloomy, perhaps part of it is the fact that everything, including information, is far more 'instant' than even a generation ago and people, in general, are communicating more openly about all sorts of topics, including those related to interpersonal relationships. I tend to view these dynamics like waves, with ebbs and flows. Things go a certain distance in one direction, then ebb in another, then flow, then ebb. Right now we're in the instant information age and humans are having, in general, a lot of fun with it and that fun can include casual sexual fun like infidelity. Over time I believe this will reach a boundary and we'll reverse course. We may already be there. Only time will tell.

Her: (in an accusatory fashion) You have an Ashley Madison account?

Him: I was just checking up on you, in case you were cheating on me, darling.

Her: Oh, OK dear.

I hope no faithful spouse would accept that blindly!

But imagine the cheating spouse's reaction when they see that their spouse has an acct. "Oh, s#@t! Did they find mine?!"

I don't believe that Ashley Madison membership = cheater. Do they actually verify marital status? I think it would be a tempting site for single men to join, looking for easy sex with desperate housewives.

Also, it would be very tempting for someone who suspects their spouse of cheating to join and keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

I think those two factors could explain at least some of the numbers.

I wondered this as well. I know the stats for F:M ratio is not that ideal though for the men. I read the site also uses phoney female messages/profiles for 'entertainment purposes' (getting duped is entertainment...yeh really!), but more likely to milk the cash cows (desperate men). Still it would definitely be a good source for a NSA relationship, though with the risk of a vengeful husband.

Edited by ascendotum

I agree with xxoo, a number of BS if they suspect cheating will open accounts trying to suss out their WS, that isn't an uncommon MOC.

I really don't think the stats are that high.

I don't believe their stats, and view them as simply an advertising tool.

I find it very difficult to believe that as site that makes dishonesty its bread and butter would be any more honest in their self promotion and information they release to the public.

I've lived in Ottawa, and the given its demographics, the stat makes no sense, especially given the fact that it houses Carleton and several other large educational institutions, and most uni. students aren't married, let alone married and cheating.

Simply put, I think the site is full of crap.

• Like 1
I find it very difficult to believe that as site that makes dishonesty its bread and butter would be any more honest in their self promotion and information they release to the public.

Simply put, I think the site is full of crap.

Don't know what would make the owners of AM have it in for Ottowa in particular for them to make that up about the city specifically. Maybe the stat is bogus but if its the city with the most subscribers per population that could maybe well be. The hackers should be able to verify or deny it with the trove of data they have if it includes geo data.