Heatherknows

I crave it. I live for it. I want it. I don't always get it. But I still hope for it and left begging at it's altar.

When it breezes into my life in some shape and form I lose my mind. But the loss is a small price to pay for the excitement. When your body is on fire and your thoughts are rapid but you haven't taken any drug. That feeling of being in the arms of loving chaos.

How much do you or would you sacrifice for passion?

How much do you or would you sacrifice for passion?

At the very least, I'd sacrifice a good night's sleep!

autumnnight

Interesting question, and one I have been pondering for quite some time.

I am a very affection and intimacy oriented person. I am also very "passionate" by nature, and not just with regard to sex. I don't know if it is the creative bent or being an extrovert or what.

Passion has given me wonderful things. It has also been the source of some stupidity and a good deal of pain.

I don't think I could live without ANY of it, but I am starting to think more and more that it is like the sprinkles on the icing on the cake. The cake is consistency and reliability and honesty and solidity and commitment. The icing is affection and fun and connection and sharing. The sprinkles are passion.

This last round of relationship and betrayal....well, there was lots of passion. But I can honestly say it was NOT worth the pain. I'd rather have a few less fireworks and someone who will be THERE...for good....for only me.

• Like 3
  • Author
Heatherknows

I am a very affection and intimacy oriented person. I am also very "passionate" by nature, and not just with regard to sex. I don't know if it is the creative bent or being an extrovert or what.

Passion has given me wonderful things. It has also been the source of some stupidity and a good deal of pain.

I do think passionate people have the soul of an artist.

Interesting question, and one I have been pondering for quite some time.

I don't think I could live without ANY of it, but I am starting to think more and more that it is like the sprinkles on the icing on the cake. The cake is consistency and reliability and honesty and solidity and commitment. The icing is affection and fun and connection and sharing. The sprinkles are passion.

This last round of relationship and betrayal....well, there was lots of passion. But I can honestly say it was NOT worth the pain. I'd rather have a few less fireworks and someone who will be THERE...for good....for only me.

I'll second this. :) Love the cake analogy btw, perfect. I used it myself recently.

"At the very least, I'd sacrifice a good night's sleep!"

Hmmm.......:p

• Like 1