if i want to get to know a guy better should that be done on a date?

Long story short, i know a guy and im interested in his life. I want to ask him lots of questions. But i dont want to necessarily do that as a friend. We are both single. Not sure if he is interested. But i do know that he asks me tons of questions about me. I mentioned to him somebody i know was going to be at this event coming up. Later he is asking me twenty questions. Who is this friend? How do i know her. Is she from my home town?

My question is how much should i be chatting with him and getting to know him now? I am concerned he will only consider me a friend.

Just ask the questions in a friendly and neutral manner. If he says something akin to "I am not comfortable talking about that" then respect his emotions and don't talk about it. Don't badger him, it will only push him away.

Earn his trust by being there for him and when he is ready he will confide in you.

Some guys are easy, others are hard.

And don't offer unsolicited conversation.

In short just ask him things like, "hey, why don't you and I watch a movie together and just shoot the breeze".

Things like that.

• Author

I think you dont understand what i am asking and missed the part of my post about him asking me a million questions. I dont mind the questions but im thinking gee he is curious about my life. We should be having this discussion on a date. I am reluctant to answer his questions and ask him anything! Unless its a date

I think you dont understand what i am asking and missed the part of my post about him asking me a million questions. I dont mind the questions but im thinking gee he is curious about my life. We should be having this discussion on a date. I am reluctant to answer his questions and ask him anything! Unless its a date

Whoops. my apologies. I misread your post.