****ty love life of a 15 year old

Vbernardoo

I'm a freahman is high school and my boyfriend is a senior in high school. I'm aware of all the stereotypes so no need to bring those up. But we started talking in April. Little did I know he had a girlfriend. They dated for 2 1/2 years. We stopped talking once I found this out. Then on May 13 it was his birthday so I texted him to wish him a happy birthday. I guess him and his girlfriend broke up and we started to talk again. He asked me out on a date and I accepted. Things were going so well. It took us three times to hangout to finally have our first kiss. And I was the one who initiated it. There was instant sparks. So we were talking for about a month and did everything but sex. We almost had sex but didn't. We were moving very fast. And I knew that and I was okay with it but at the same time it made me uneasy. On June 23 he finally asked me out. This was in person obviously and was very thought out and cute. He got me a slice of pizza (my fav food), share a coke bottle w my name on it, and a bouquet of roses. The next day I went to Florida (1000 miles away) and was gone for two weeks. Nothing changed. We were still a happy couple. When I got back after two weeks nothing changed either. About a week later I was going up to Maine for an extended weekend at the beach. While I was there I did a lot of thinking and told him I wanted to slow it down. He completely thought differently and thought "why would you stop doing things you already did" I felt a little pressured but at the same time I understood where he was coming from. Then everything was all good again. But two weeks ago it was his dad's birthday so he invited me. It was a two hour drive so we could go see his sister and go outo eat. I had the biggest anxiety attack of my life and it was honestly embarrassing. Him and his family handled it well but I still not over it. It was so bad. Then we didn't see each other in a week. Not because I didn't wanted to but because he was "too busy." Which was kind of a red flag for me. I didn't know why he didn't want to see me. Then we finally hung out three days ago. We brought me to go get golf clubs with him. He LOVES golf. And always chooses to play golf over me. So we did that and I had a mild anxiety attack again. No big deal because he didn't know. Then we got to his house. His parents weren't home so I gave him head and then I took a nap. When I woke up he was on his phone. So I took his phone and took pictures of us. Side note: he always makes comments to me about "why don't you go through my phone " and it was because I trusted him. But today I decided if go on snapchat. I went to his friends list and is second best friend was his ex girlfriend. I was really hurt and immediately moved away from him. I tried asking him questions about it and he ignored them all and says "she just send group snaps". But in order to be best friends on snapchat you have to reply. So I told him to take me home and in the car he kept glancing over at me and I was silently crying. When he pulled into my driveway he said "babe, I'm sorry" I just said "okay". When I got inside my house I started balling my eyes out and turned my phone on airplane mood so I didn't get his texts. I finally texted back and after a long argument, halfway through he admitted he took me for granted. I ignored him for one day. When I finally texted him I was at my best friends house (who he hates). Earlier she tweeted "sucks seeing my buff cry over a guy who doesn't deserve her" and I was fine w the tweet but he had a BIF problem with it apparently. So we started fighting about that. Then he ignored me. He kept snapping me at 1am until 3am and it was strange. And I knew something was up. The next morning a girl he works with posted a picture of her and him and two other people getting drunk. I got soo pissed. Because he doesn't allow me to go to parties and drink or hangout with friends and drink.but as soo as we get into a fight the "rules" don't apply??? When I aske it about it he said "what I can't have fun?" I replied but saying "okay we need to talk in person". He kept making excuses not to and then decided to ignore me. At 500pm yesterday I called him to asked what he was doing and he said golfing and I asked when that would end and he said maybe 7:00pm. Then I was like what are you doing after that and he told me he was going to a softball game and will be in town around 9:30 pm. I said "okay well we need to talk so come over" and he agreed and we hung up. I got all pretty. Waiting to talk to him. I didn't know if I was going to break up with him or not but I knew I just needed to talk to him. 9:30 pasted and I got nervous. So I texted him and he said he needs more time. And I was so done at this point. I just needed to break up with him. And he then said "i don't know what I want as of right now. I nee a day to think more." I didn't reply. That was last night. I haven't eaten anything in two days and I'm so hurt. I'm so confused. I don't know what to do. I need advice so please. I'm desperate.

First off, paragraph breaks are your friends! It is *really* hard to read a wall of text.

Secondly, you are 15.

This is what early dating is like. In no time he will be gone and you will have three more years of high school.

Let him go.... And chill out. You have a lot more of this to go.

• Like 2
scooby-philly

Slow down.

First off - where you a freshman this year and he was a senior? or is it your a freshman now and he will be a senior. or you were a freshman and he is now going to be a senior. Knowing that would help.

Second - if you were a Frosh and he a senior, he's either going to go to work or college and you're still in HS. Is he going to date you then? At some point soon he will turn 18. You will obviously not complain, but what about your family? Are they okay with it.

For now, forget him. He took you for granted (I know that feeling all to well as an adult) and even the most passionate of hobbies/interests comes second to the relationship, especially early on. Not saying you need to be around 24/7. Please don't become a smotherer (doesn't sound like you are, just saying)

He tried lying about the snapchat - which your point is true about the responses.

Let him go. Other boys will turn out to like you.

On a related note - for future reference if there are times in the future, if it's not something relationship ending, if a guy asks for space give it to him. Not saying in this case - he lied, he's not respectful of your wishes. But in future cases - bfs/ fiancess/ husbands - good men pressure themselves to do a lot, be a lot - so if a guy needs a day or trwo or three, then let him.

• Author

I was a freshman and he was a senior. He already graduated and I'm going to be a sophomore. He does have a part time job and he is going to college. He did plan for us to be together while he's in college and he purposely chose a school closer to home for my sake and his family's sake

I was a freshman and he was a senior. He already graduated and I'm going to be a sophomore. He does have a part time job and he is going to college. He did plan for us to be together while he's in college and he purposely chose a school closer to home for my sake and his family's sake

Makes.No.Difference.

You both are still children. Seriously. This is a first, budding attempt at learning how to have a relationship. Don't take things so seriously and enjoy the dating process before you get so invested in another human being.