Should I do anything or ride this storm out

Bigdaddyt

Of course she is begging, but don't give in man, divorce her. If she loved you she WOULD NOT of done these things to you. You deserve to be with someone who actually loves and respects you and most importantly..someone who has respect for themselves. Your wife has none of these qualities.

• Like 1
Also BPD is not an excuse for cheating nor should it be a Get Out of Jail Free card.

This is such a true statement. Earlier, I discussed BPD. I think that while it is not an excuse, it is a reason that changes how things are assessed.

If one's spouse was on AM and cheating and did not have BPD, or was in a LTR, or whatever, it would make me think that they had bad intentions or disregard and don't deserve a second look. On the other hand, if they did the same and had BPD, I would look at it differently. Medication would have given them impulse control. Does it mean that they deserve a second look? No. It just means that the evaluation process might be different. Neither lessens the pain and insecurity.

An undiagnosed BPD condition vs. unmanaged BPD sufferer vs. non compliant BPD sufferer are all different from each other and all different from a plain old cheater.

End TJ.

• Like 1
I wantto thank Qubist for pointing out this as a possibility;

Please don't mention it, I'm glad I was able to help, that's what these kind of forums are all about. every thread is a lesson for me . without yours I would never have heard about BPD. Thank you for sharing your story

]The questions Iwant to ask this forum: If you were me knowing what I have dealt with overthe last few years, by reading my thread with my WW/STBXW with her infidelities and verbal abuse. Now with the possibility that she has BPD along with the TBI and depression: 1) would you stop the divorce and work with the medical professionals to make sure that she gets the treatment she needs and try to put the marriage back on track with counseling and medical care. If you choose this option, what requirements would you want in place to make sure that you are protected in the future? 2) Continue with the divorce, and if so what would you do to make sure that you are not perceived as the bad guy and remembering that I will be tied to this woman for life because of the children and possibly grandchildren?

bigdaddyT: before I tell my with POV i want to point out to something important, nobody here can/should tell you what to do, you and only you must do it, we all give you different POV to make you see some details that you might not be aware of.

you gave 2 options and asked us which one we would recommend, in my opinion if she is diagnosed with BPD you should consider an option 3 that you didn't list.

Option3: stop the D process for now ( if possible), make it clear that you haven't abandoned the possibility of D, help her get stabilized and more more importantly get yourself back on your feet. it will be some sort of break from this ordeal.

If you do that she will get an additional emotional boost that she desperately needs at this time, your family will appreciate the sacrifice specially your kids, and you will get a period of relative peace to work on yourself.

do you have the right to just walk away and leave her on her own? absolutely, I read carrieT post and she made complete sense, but I'm afraid that if things go really bad with your W which would affect your kids too, you will regret not stepping up when you could. you are also in depression that I can read between the lines of your posts you haven't had much sleep, you need to take a break from all this and take care of yourself.

lastly, what i also read between the lines of your posts is that you are a great man with good heart and mental strength. regardless of what option you choose you will make it at the end.

• Like 4
Please don't mention it, I'm glad I was able to help, that's what these kind of forums are all about. every thread is a lesson for me . without yours I would never have heard about BPD. Thank you for sharing your story

bigdaddyT: before I tell my with POV i want to point out to something important, nobody here can/should tell you what to do, you and only you must do it, we all give you different POV to make you see some details that you might not be aware of.

you gave 2 options and asked us which one we would recommend, in my opinion if she is diagnosed with BPD you should consider an option 3 that you didn't list.

Option3: stop the D process for now ( if possible), make it clear that you haven't abandoned the possibility of D, help her get stabilized and more more importantly get yourself back on your feet. it will be some sort of break from this ordeal.

If you do that she will get an additional emotional boost that she desperately needs at this time, your family will appreciate the sacrifice specially your kids, and you will get a period of relative peace to work on yourself.

do you have the right to just walk away and leave her on her own? absolutely, I read carrieT post and she made complete sense, but I'm afraid that if things go really bad with your W which would affect your kids too, you will regret not stepping up when you could. you are also in depression that I can read between the lines of your posts you haven't had much sleep, you need to take a break from all this and take care of yourself.

lastly, what i also read between the lines of your posts is that you are a great man with good heart and mental strength. regardless of what option you choose you will make it at the end.

Good post! There's not a lot I can add to this. I'll only say that you need to follow your best judgement about what is right for you. If she is diagnosed with BPD, seek a second opinion. Your wife is manipulative and you don't want to be manipulated into staying. If you DO stay, do so because you want to and because it is right for you and your family. Doctors can misdiagnose. Get a second opinion.

I am somewhat of a softy and tend to lean toward R if the WS shoestring remorse. We do not know your wife so we can only judge her through your descriptions of events. You know your wife so you are better capable of determining where she stands.

• Like 2
  • Author

All: I took my wife to meet with a pyschiatrist yesterday and he spent about an hour and a half with her in private. He then met with me for about 25 minutes, also in private. I told him a very condensed version of her infidelities and behaviors, as well as her sleep disorder. He said that based on all of her conditions prior to the accident and post he would diagnosis her as having BPD. He also said that she is suffering from severe depression; which is his current focus for her care. I asked him how severe her BPD was and he said that he would rate it as moderate and advised a holistic approach to her treatment.

I have reread my posts and I am all over the board with my emotions, I am functioning but am severely stressed. I am dealing with my boys who are acting out and my oldest is starting to be disrespectful and aggressive with me, they are children and are starting to act out becuase their Mother isn't home. If I sound crazy, I assure that I am not just been burning my candle at both ends trying to work and deal with all this drama.

The D is still on going but I am working with WW to get her treated and I may allow her to come back to the house in the to help me with the boys. I haven't made a choice on what I am going to do long term, it will depend on the WW and if I am able to heal. Infidelity the gift that keeps on giving.

• Author

Qubist, Thankyou for this post it is spot on and you are always a voice of reason. I am considering an option 3, but I do not have to stop the D, I would just delay it when the time to do so is necessary to extend the marriage.

The children are my concern and I was told that suicide is fairly common with this condition, which scare the life out of me. I could not live with that guilt and my children would never forgive me the WW did this. I have gotten away from my faith over the last several years but I am trying to pull myself and family back into it, it can't hurt.

• Like 2

(((( bdt ))))

bdt take it one step at time.

don't burn yourself out.

breath deep and exhale

calm your self down no need to rush anything.

eat and sleep well ok!

trust in your 19 and 17 yo

wishing you the best! and just take it slow and steady.

• Like 1

All this makes me think you need to get custody of your kids and divorce here. You are not going to be able to save her. She is going to need help from professionals. If you stay with her your not only going to have to live with her new condition but your going to have to tolerate her cheating. This not only punishes you over and over but it teaches the kids that is ok to do this when your sick.

I know that would be hard for your kids but realize they are just kids. They do not know what is always right for them. It is not like they still can't see her often and maintain a good relationship with her but you need to be the primary custodial parent.

Damn what a mess. Sounds just like my xW. She was taken to jail two days ago for failing to appear on a possession charge.

Sorry man.

C

• Like 2

Two thoughts. Can you bring in a family member or close friend to start spending more time with you and your kids? Kids will adapt to any kind of 'family,' and having other people spending more time with them will help them feel safer and less reactive.

Also, if you do reach out for the church, if it's one you've been with for a while, consider asking for their help, too. Even for your wife.

• Like 3
  • Author
(((( bdt ))))

bdt take it one step at time.

don't burn yourself out.

breath deep and exhale

calm your self down no need to rush anything.

eat and sleep well ok!

trust in your 19 and 17 yo

wishing you the best! and just take it slow and steady.

M.Snow, I am taking it one step at a time but my 17yoa had a major meltdown last night and took his dirtbike out at 9:00pm at night for a ride, no lights. I had to go and get him physically and bring him back I lectured him on how dangerous and immature his actions were. My youngest of course told my WW this morning who berated me like she is mother of the year. I told her I am handling this it is of no concern of yours.

I agree with Clay. Look at the big picture; kids are resilient and learn by example.

Exposing them to their mother's erratic behavior may cause more damage than giving the kids the illusion of a two-parent family.

I look at my husband of two years and his kids (now teenagers). I have heard stories about how the kids acted up when the divorce was happening (over ten years ago). Many who are involved in the kids' lives tell me how much happier and more stable they are now that their father is involved in a healthy, loving marriage versus the PsychoWard scenes that used to exist.

• Author
All this makes me think you need to get custody of your kids and divorce here. You are not going to be able to save her. She is going to need help from professionals. If you stay with her your not only going to have to live with her new condition but your going to have to tolerate her cheating. This not only punishes you over and over but it teaches the kids that is ok to do this when your sick.

I know that would be hard for your kids but realize they are just kids. They do not know what is always right for them. It is not like they still can't see her often and maintain a good relationship with her but you need to be the primary custodial parent.

Damn what a mess. Sounds just like my xW. She was taken to jail two days ago for failing to appear on a possession charge.

Sorry man.

C

Clay, I am on the fence but would like to be free of her honestly, but I know we will be bound together for life becuase of the children. I am going to focus on helping her and raising the children and see where this progresses. I am also sorry for your pain with your XW, she is reaping what she sowed.

• Author
Two thoughts. Can you bring in a family member or close friend to start spending more time with you and your kids? Kids will adapt to any kind of 'family,' and having other people spending more time with them will help them feel safer and less reactive.

Also, if you do reach out for the church, if it's one you've been with for a while, consider asking for their help, too. Even for your wife.

turnera, I could ask my younger sister she is an ER Nurse and is tough as nails to come stay with me. She has always been my go to person in a crisis. I have belonged to the same Catholic Church for 11 years, but they really don't have the outreach programs that protestant churches do. I will ask.

• Like 1
  • Author
I agree with Clay. Look at the big picture; kids are resilient and learn by example.

Exposing them to their mother's erratic behavior may cause more damage than giving the kids the illusion of a two-parent family.

I look at my husband of two years and his kids (now teenagers). I have heard stories about how the kids acted up when the divorce was happening (over ten years ago). Many who are involved in the kids' lives tell me how much happier and more stable they are now that their father is involved in a healthy, loving marriage versus the PsychoWard scenes that used to exist.

CarrieT, I am considering everything in regards to this mess, I know that Clay is not wrong with his assesment. I just want to make sure that I dont make a mistake that effects my kids.

has the shrink prescribed your WW with medications ie anti-depressant?

remind her to be careful with those anti-depressants, they don't go well with alcohol!

that's how movie stars go!

• Author
has the shrink prescribed your WW with medications ie anti-depressant?

remind her to be careful with those anti-depressants, they don't go well with alcohol!

that's how movie stars go!

m snow, The pyschiatrist did prescribe meds for her depression and he told her that she cannot drink while taking them and should not drink at all with this condition. I honestly do not see her following his advice. I spoke to her parents about this and her BFF's. I wish that I had a spouse that took care of me, like I do her, it would be great!

Edited by Bigdaddyt
  • Like 2
m snow, he told her that she cannot drink while taking them and should not drink at all with this condition. I honestly do not see her following his advice. I spoke to her parents about this and her BFF's. I wish that I had a spouse that took care of me, like I do her, it would be great!

good job! great that was quick thinking of you! to inform people around her!

if you can take some time of work.

you need some Rest and Relaxation.

do what you must.

• Like 1
  • Author
good job! great that was quick thinking of you! to inform people around her!

if you can take some time of work.

you need some Rest and Relaxation.

do what you must.

M.Snow, I am keeping it together, I am physically and mentally exhausted by this but I will survive. I still went to the gym today eventhough I had no sleep last night becuase of my 17yoa. Priorities

• Author
Honestly, you're in no rush. Doing the right thing is more important at this stage, if you're up for it.

Turnera, I am trying to be smart and methodical in my approach, I just dont have an end game in mind as of yet.

Clay, I am on the fence but would like to be free of her honestly, but I know we will be bound together for life becuase of the children. I am going to focus on helping her and raising the children and see where this progresses. I am also sorry for your pain with your XW, she is reaping what she sowed.

There is no doubt your going to have to make your own decisions in life but when I was at the Therapist for my son's family session last night this exact point was highlighted. Here we are 8 years later and my son hates women. He feels they are only good for one thing. He hates his mother. No matter what I say or I do I am at fault for staying with her and allowing her to do this to them. Hes damn near 18 and they are going to release him soon. Just imagine what kind of a life he is going to lead. The things i tolerated is now coming back to haunt me.

Your not tied to your wife. This is her problem. While you think you owe her something that ended when she cheated. She refused to reach out for help and that is her problem.

I understand how you feel but know staying with her is going to come at a cost. Its my biggest regret.

With all this being said my situation is not yours and your children may not turn out to have the same kinds of problems. You have to choose what you feel is right for you.

C

• Like 3
  • Author
There is no doubt your going to have to make your own decisions in life but when I was at the Therapist for my son's family session last night this exact point was highlighted. Here we are 8 years later and my son hates women. He feels they are only good for one thing. He hates his mother. No matter what I say or I do I am at fault for staying with her and allowing her to do this to them. Hes damn near 18 and they are going to release him soon. Just imagine what kind of a life he is going to lead. The things i tolerated is now coming back to haunt me.

Your not tied to your wife. This is her problem. While you think you owe her something that ended when she cheated. She refused to reach out for help and that is her problem.

I understand how you feel but know staying with her is going to come at a cost. Its my biggest regret.

With all this being said my situation is not yours and your children may not turn out to have the same kinds of problems. You have to choose what you feel is right for you.

C

Clay , I can already see your sons behavior in my son. I posted at the beginning of this thread that he was misbehaving and hated his mother and was angry at me for allowing her behavior. I will make my own choice, it may take me some time, but I will make it. I am going to start the kids into counseling ASAP.

• Like 1
Clay , I can already see your sons behavior in my son. I posted at the beginning of this thread that he was misbehaving and hated his mother and was angry at me for allowing her behavior. I will make my own choice, it may take me some time, but I will make it. I am going to start the kids into counseling ASAP.

It just kills me. I love my son to death and to know he is going to have so many problems with women in his life and to think I played a role in this just breaks my heart.

The sooner they get into counseling the better. I also strongly agree with Tunera the more positive people around your kids like family and church the better they will be.

I am really sorry you are going through this.

C

• Author
It just kills me. I love my son to death and to know he is going to have so many problems with women in his life and to think I played a role in this just breaks my heart.

The sooner they get into counseling the better. I also strongly agree with Tunera the more positive people around your kids like family and church the better they will be.

I am really sorry you are going through this.

C

Clay, I can tell that you are a good and loving Father and your children know this. You stayed and are taking care of them. Your XW behavior is not your fault you are in no way responsible. I know from my own experience that you feel like it, but we all have free will to make our own choices in life your XW and my WW made theirs and we only reacted to it. Your son is very young as is mine, they both have plenty of time to find their own way.

• Mad 1