Should I do anything or ride this storm out

Bigdaddyt

I know someone who did something similar. She tried to fill her H with junk food and try and get him to skip the gym using distraction techniques. Then he would go at lunch time at work and she got more insecure.

She didn't cheat, but she was insecure because he's TDH (tall, dark and handsome), has a good career, has a few female friends and is very sociable.

He got remarried the same year they got divorced, even with the baggage of 3 kids.

Just know your not alone man. You are in good company. Most of us here have been through this and a couple of us more than once. See your lawyer and just take your time. Start changing the way your thinking every day. Try new things by yourself. Invest in yourself. You might be surprised at just how much you like this change.

Now I was not married in the same year as my divorce like some lucky guys lol

It took me 5 years to find the right woman and I have been with her since. There is not a day that doesn't go by that I don't show her my appreciation for her being a good woman.

Just take your time and enjoy yourself.

C

• Like 1

BigDaddyT

I'm glad you got the truth.

Saddened that the truth is painful for you but at the very least now you know.

Watch your wife's actions going forward.

That will tell you all you to need to know who she is at this moment in time.

HM

• Author

Sandy, that sounds like my wife always trying to get me to eat crap and not workout.

Clay, You mean that I am not special? lol I know that I am in great company and everyone here has helped me tremendously.

Happy man, I do know so much more in five days than I did in ten years.

All: I am headed home to deal with my WW. I will update everyone tomorrow on how everything works out. It should be an interesting night.

• Like 5
  • Author

All: Last night the wife was doing the 180 on me before she exploded on me in a fit of rage screaming at me and telling me how all of this is my fault. I was very angry but I didn’t lose my temper and just listened (VAR), she went on to tell me that when she was going out with Jill she was certain that I was cheating. She had at the time cloned my personal email and LinkedIn accounts on her IPhone and saw emails from a female coworker that she thought were inappropriate. The coworker was married and we were on the same level in the company that I previously worked for. The coworker did become a problem by telling me that she really liked me and started sending me gifts at work. I shut this down almost immediately, but I didn’t tell my wife. The coworker would send me emails which I deleted and I finally blocked her from my account.The coworker then started to go to my Linked In account and view it; which would then send an email to my personal email account, which my wife would see.I was unaware that my wife had cloned these accounts.

I told her that I never cheated on her and that this coworker was a problem and that I should have told her but that I didn’t want to upset her or cause her to worry over nothing. She went on to the point thatI was concerned for her emotional and physical health. She has not slept in days,so I told her that we need to take a break that I would put our boys to bed andthat she was exhausted and needed to sleep. Later last night my wife texted me in bed saying that she loved me and that she thanked me for caring for her.

I should have told my wife about this coworker but I didn’twant to deal with the drama, I have been very honest with this forum and haveput my heart out on my sleeve. I did not cheat on my wife ever, I have had many opportunities during our marriage but I never did. I do see how my secretive actions severely damaged my relationship with my wife. Today is my wife’s and my 21 wedding anniversary, I have made reservations for a very nice restaurant,but she told me last night she didn’t want to go. I said that I would keep these reservations and cancel them tonight if she still feels the same.

I will probably stop burning up this thread by posting so frequently and just update it from time totime to let everyone know what is happening in this drama. I want to thank you all for your continued support.I will leave this thread so that it will help someone else going through this crisis. Perhaps once I get it together I can even contribute to this forum.

Edited by Bigdaddyt
All: Last night the wife was doing the 180 on me before she exploded on me in a fit of rage screaming at me and telling me how all of this is my fault. I was very angry but I didn’t lose my temper and just listened (VAR), she went on to tell me that when she was going out with Jill she was certain that I was cheating.

Here is what I got out of your post, bla, bla, bla, me, me, me, blameshift, blameshift, blameshift, bullsh*t, bullsh*t, bullsh*t. An adult who is totally into her marriage would have sat you down and told you her concerns rather than hitting the bars with her cheating girlfriends looking for strange dick. She simply rewrote your marriage to justify her intended actions. I would cancel your dinner reservations, what are you really celebrating, she just told you she broke her vows, the marriage doesn't exist. The rings she probably wore while cheating no longer represent what they were intended to represent. All she had to do was speak up and let you know how she felt about your associate and most of this might not have happened.

Her cheating had very little to do with the state of your marriage or even you, these are her bullsh*t excuses to justify what she wanted to do, cheat and ride some strange dick. She owns that 100% and do not accept any blame, throw it back at her. If this is how she feels than the two and a half years she has spent in independent counselling have been a big waste of time, get her a new counsellor, one with experience in infidelity. I would have a hard time wearing my wedding ring until I knew for sure I was going to continue on with the marriage. I would want new rings and new vows. Screaming at you is her way of making you back down, she wants you to be afraid of loosing her. The truth is, she already left the marriage. She broke this now she needs to fix it. Stand your ground, get your respect back, the respect she trashed with other man.

• Author

Alive, I do hear you loud and clear. I have stopped wearing my wedding ring and we are still sleeping apart. I have an appointment today of all days to see an attorney. I am slowly watching this drama unravel between us. It has only been six days, but seems like a lifetime. I probably will keep the reservations and go alone.

• Author

Alive, I know her comments are all BS, she has always been the master of blame shifting. I am just still wrapping my head around this mess and I know that we will not survive.

Alive, I do hear you loud and clear. I have stopped wearing my wedding ring and we are still sleeping apart. I have an appointment today of all days to see an attorney. I am slowly watching this drama unravel between us. It has only been six days, but seems like a lifetime. I probably will keep the reservations and go alone.

Don't do it man, it will only make you feel worse. Cancel the reservations, have her explain to her parents why your not celebrating your anniversary, actually she already gave them some bullsh*t story about your cheating with a co-worker, they most likely already know your having problems. Go out with someone you trust instead and tell them what's going on, you need someone you can talk to other than just us. Have you a brother, good friend you can confide in? What are you really showing her by going to the dinner by yourself? Do not appear weak, weakness is not an attractive trait, strength is. She needs to know your moving on with or without her. See what your lawyer tells you.

• Like 1
  • Author

Alive, I do have two brothers and two sisters we are close, my one brother was given up for adoption but we found each other recently. I have talked to my sister who wants to confront my wife, but I told her no. I will continue to move forward , I will cancel the reservations. I am coming to terms with this and already know the outcome. I have just been hoping that I could change this to something positive.

So was your whole argument over your possibly cheating on her with your co worker? Did you show her you blocked this co worker?

Did you ever get to the point to where you called her out on her behavior?

It sounds like she played you and you got sucked right into it. There is no doubt you should have told her about the co worker but if she just dominated the whole conversation and turned it all around on you then where do you feel anything is resolved.

There is no way I would go out for dinner with her. I would just be honest with her. You were wrong for not telling her but that is not cheating and what she is doing is blame shifting and cheating. I wouldn't spend any time with her more than what I had to until I had the papers filed.

I seriously doubt as long as she has these other people telling her your the bad guy she is going to look at anything she has done in her own life.

Most cheaters do not think the rules apply to them because its there life and they can do what they want and when they want. You just have to be the one to say your not going to do this to me any longer and let them go abuse someone else.

C

Your wife is selling you a lot of ****..Unfortunately you seem to be buying it. You mentioned that she is the queen of the blame game previously. Just realize it when she starts doing it.

Don't let her lashing continue. She is using it(succesfully) to put you on the defensive. Why did she not ask you if she had so many concerns. She is just trying to make it a scenario where cheated because you did this or that. She is really scraping at the bottom of the barrel for trying to find you faults. Seriously, she thinks you spend too much time getting ready ?

Let me make a guess. i think you might have aged more gracefully than her. I think you still out do her in the looks department. She is jealous of how successfully you manage your life and live it. You take care of yourself physically. You are the best husband she can ask for. She repeatedly tried finding faults with you. She tried making her friend seduce you but you came out of every obstacle with your character clean. She knows you have find another woman within no time. She is just jealous of you and insecure about herself and her actions

Some anger might help you in this situation. Don't let this manipulative cheating crazy woman control you through guilt. I read this thread in one go... I can notice the guilt in your posts since the day you had the talk with her where she confessed. She is using anger and blame to cover up her own inadequacy and failure as a person and as a wife.

• Like 1
  • Author

Clay, I guess She is still playing me like a drum and I always seem to back down when she gets crazy with me. I am just not to the point where I want to divorce her. I want to give our marriage the last full measure before I end it, not just for us but for my children. If I have no other options and I can't deal with this pain I will divorce her.

And BigDaddyt, the bits about your own upbringing brought be to tears. You should be extremely proud of who you are and where you are today. You did not succumb to the situation, blame the world for your difficulties. You struggled and succeeded through your own hard work and grit. You live your principled life with honesty and dignity. Your kids are lucky to have you as your father. Your friends are lucky to have you as their friend. Everyone in your life are better off because of your presence in it. Even your mother.

• Like 5
  • Author

Singer, I know that my wife is very jealous and insecure, but she has always been able to control our relationship and sex life. I feel very used but I am planning my escape.

• Like 1
  • Author

Singer, thank you for your kind words. I haver never felt sorry for myself and my brothers and sisters are all college graduates and highly successful in life other than in their personal relationships. I have always tried to do the right thing in life and have told my children that there is no such word as can't only won't. This is very tough for me because I relied on my wife so much, I just had an unconditional love for her.

Celestial-dreamer

Been reading this thread the last few days, now im posting on this. Not in favour of your wife, but now you tell us you had an issue with a co worker that you never told your wife about is quite a big thing. It must have got to her but she obviously put it to the back of her mind where it has festered and turned into a situaltion where she feels if you can do it, so can I. She should have had it out with you at the time, but she didnt. I can see wny she feels the need to blame you, because to her, you lied to her. You kept a secret you should have told her about. Another woman secret at that. Maybe she isnt sure how many other things you have kept secret. Like I said im not siding with your wife as she should have sorted it back then, but YOU should have too. You should have told her. Now that little thing that was nothing to you has turned into this monster you have today. It obviously mattered to her, she felt you had cheated. All this comes down to the lack of communication, a simple conversation that you didnt want to have because of the drama it would have caused becomes this today. Im not blameshifting, im not siding, just putting this idea on the table to you. Now you know she had that concern you had cheared, why not try a very calm conversation about it, tell her you should have told her and you feel bad for not doing so. That might change a lot of things for both of you. She may feel less angry at you and more at herself for allowing the situation to get this low. Just a thought.

Just to add, it wont make a difference to your decision to D, it just might calm the water so to speak. Your wife seems very angry, she knows shes lost you through her own fault. Thats why shes so angry. Instead of talking, she did the wrong thing after being convinced by Jill etc. She knows that.

Edited by Celestial-dreamer
  • Author

Celestial Dreamer, I fully agree with you I have always just buttoned up to avoid issues. I have told my wife early in our relationship when I had issues with someone but it made her very upset. There is no question that I should have told her about this. I did tell her about it several months ago when she asked about her constantly checking my linked in account. I was wrong for not telling and I am truly sorry.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with trying to work things out. I would only suggest that if you do then hold her accountable for her actions. If she is going to continue hanging out with those people and put herself in those places then you had better at least go with her or plan on your retreat.

Good luck on your dinner tonight.

C

I told her that I never cheated on her and that this coworker was a problem and that I should have told her but that I didn’t want to upset her or cause her to worry over nothing.

I should have told my wife about this coworker but I didn’t want to deal with the drama, I have been very honest with this forum and haveput my heart out on my sleeve. I did not cheat on my wife ever

Oy vey.

Actually, you DID cheat. You withheld communications with another woman from your wife FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT.

You reap what you sow, dude. Suddenly YOU can't stand the thought of HER cheating and you're throwing her away?

smh

Friend, lets be clear, your wife didn't cheat because you didn't tell her that some woman at work had the hot's for you. Your wife is blowing smoke up your a$$, she cheated for the same reason other women cheat, because she wanted to.

Yes you should have told her about your work colleague but if she is not smart enough to figure out how to actually talk to you about her concerns and instead starts trolling bars with her trashy cheating friends, well maybe she doesn't deserve you in her life. Stand up for yourself because your the only one in your marriage that has honoured your vows. She can never take back what she has done to you or your children, she can't undo what has already been done. Tell her she needs to prove to you that she is worth the effort to stay married to. If she is unwilling to do the work it will take to get past this than it is better you know now instead of wasting years of your time. Your the prize and not the other way around.

• Like 8
Last night the wife was doing the 180 on me before she exploded on me in a fit of rage screaming at me and telling me how all of this is my fault.

I should have told my wife about this coworker but I didn’t want to deal with the drama.

No wonder you didn't tell her. She had you conditioned not to rock the boat. If your wife flips out every time she’s upset then you learn not to upset her.

Her cheating had very little to do with the state of your marriage or even you, these are her bullsh*t excuses to justify what she wanted to do, cheat and ride some strange dick. She owns that 100% and do not accept any blame, throw it back at her.

I agree.

Edited by Buckeye2
  • Like 3
Celestial-dreamer
Celestial Dreamer, I fully agree with you I have always just buttoned up to avoid issues. I have told my wife early in our relationship when I had issues with someone but it made her very upset. There is no question that I should have told her about this. I did tell her about it several months ago when she asked about her constantly checking my linked in account. I was wrong for not telling and I am truly sorry.

You did tell her, but well after her events (you didnt know it at the time) happened. This is quite tragic really, it seems you both really do care about each other, but both of you are too stubborn to admit it and would rather hide how you both feel about things. She feels your not telling her about your co worker is a sign of your betrayal, but hers tops yours by far. You now cannot forgive her for her cheating (no one is blaming you for that) As I said, tragic this all boils down to miscommunication by both parties. For me personally, if my partner didnt tell me somethingas important as a randy co worker coming on to them I would wonder why didnt you tell me ect, why hide it. Something wouldnt sit right if you can understand?

Someone else posted a while ago about how his wife was having an affair and was leaving him, it transpired she had found he had posted an advert on a dating website saying how he loved his wife but wanted NSA sex. He said nothing came of it he was just bored at the time, but to his wife.....you can imagine. She didnt see it that way. That set in motion her believeing he had cheated, she also kept it to herself and it ate away at her. She only told him she knew of his advert after her affair was discovered. Like I said im not blaming here, just trying to understand that maybe if things had been different back then, it might not be the way it is now. This could be fixable IF you both want it. Could you both forgive?

• Like 1
Clay, I guess She is still playing me like a drum and I always seem to back down when she gets crazy with me. I am just not to the point where I want to divorce her. I want to give our marriage the last full measure before I end it, not just for us but for my children. If I have no other options and I can't deal with this pain I will divorce her.

What can you give more to this marriage that is already broke, you just looking for excuses.

For your children??????

Do you want that your children to live in a broken marriage, to see that his parents live without love what kind of example are you showing, Is much better thar they see two happy divorced parents that to see to angry and sad parents in a broken marriage. So please do not use your children as an excuse for your weakness

• Author

Tunera, Yes I can see where this is cheating in my wife’s oranyone’s eyes and she has told me that exactly. I did not have an affair, I didnot cheat emotionally, I shut this down immediately. I did tell my wife, but itwas after the fact and I told her that I was sorry for keeping it from her. My Wifeis very emotional and is prone to getting very upset with me over anything thatthreatens our security. She relies on me for everything and becomes afraid if Iget sick or am not available. I am being honest and I will not sugar coatanything here, if I deserve the lumps, I will take them

Alive, yes I did tell my Wife that I should have told her;however these events along with the toxic friends led us to this. I fully admitall that I did to damage my marriage and I am not proud of it. But you arecorrect that this didn’t make her cheat it was her choice.

Buckeye, I was always afraid to rock the boat, when thingsare good between us they are great when they are bad they are horrible.

Celestial, I did tell her that I was sorry for this I nevermeant to hurt her or make her feel insecure. I do think a good portion of thisis on me to get us where we are now

• Like 2