What does this mean?

So there's this guy that I've know for almost 2 years now and I can't figure out if he's just a friend or more.

When we first met we were really attracted to each other and hooked up a few times, but ended it because we both found other people we decided to date. This past year I moved into the same apt with him and other friend and he's now my next door neighbor. At first it was a bit awkward but "we got over it". Over the last few months we have started spending a lot more time together. We watch TV/Movies is his room together all the time. We go out to the Movies also and this summer we're going to a few concerts together. Normally I would just shrug it off if we were in a group but for one concert we going with my best friend and his girlfriend and the other two we're just going as the two of us. He invites me to go to the bar and clubs with him.

The main glitch is that during this time he had another girlfriend off and on and they've finally broken up. I don't mind staying friends, but I always get this vibe when we're around each other that it's so much more. If he's upset and I try to stay out of his way he gets in touch with me and wants to hangout. It honestly feels like we're together without actually being together. Is this normal guy friend behavior or is there a possibility that it could be more.:confused:

ConfusedInOC

Why not just TALK to him?!

I've never understood why people will "guess" what the other person is thinking when they can just ASK them.

Communication: When used, it's the #1 reason relationships PROSPER. When ignored, it's the #1 cause of relationship demise.....

• Author

we have 3 months left to live together and i'd rather just have it be a great friendship then go back to the awkwardness from before. i do understand that we probably will have to have "the talk" at some point but i'd rather him initiate it 'cause i'm a huge coward.:p

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by ann2006

it 'cause i'm a huge coward.:p

Then that problem will follow you from relationship to relationship.

The only way to resolve your problems is to face them. Otherwise, you're just like my ex. Her life sucks. She has a new friend every time she screws up with the old one.

You can not build rapport, trust and companionship if you DO NOT COMMUNICATE.

Stop being a wuss. Face your fears. Pray for guidance. What you have to lose is less than what you have to gain.

• Author

Not to seem too defensive but I actually do have a lot to lose. I could gain a boyfriend who I might or might not end up with or I could lose a friend for life. I don't discard my friends as if they're trash if there's a problem or if the relationship does not seem to work out. I would rather wuss out and keep a friend then lose one.

And not to change the topic or anything, but it seems like you have a lot of bitterness/anger towards your ex. Not everyone who doesn't face their problems is like her. Some chose to try to let everyone be a winner rather then themselves.

I can't think of a single girl I spent lots of 1 on 1 time with who'm I wasn't interested/attracted to.