Re: why am i feeling so threatened?

Since you have made it clear you are not afraid your boyfriend will flirt with other women, I am convinced you have told him not to go on this trip as strictly a control device. You have not indicated anywhere in your post that you feel threatened with anything...except loss of control over his life.

I do recommend that you either get some lasting counselling or let your guy go free before this goes on any longer. No relationship you will ever have will last if you try to control the activities of the other person, especially on the level you are showing here. One thing is not wanting your guy to go off to a stag party with naked Playboy bunnies but another is to forbid him to go on a skiing trip with his own brother. You have all but admitted this is sick and I totally agree.

For your sake and the sake of your boyfriend, get counselling today. This kind of controlling is not sexy or attractive to a man and even though you don't seem insecure, the attitude does indicate that and men just don't find that appealing.

You sound very insightful and intelligent. I think if you can just work this out the two of you would be great. Any girlfriend who told me I couldn't go skiing with my brother could put an "ex" before the "girlfriend" part while I was running out the door.

While you are getting some help for this, I hope you will tell your boyfriend you made an error in judgement and you regret your position on the skiing trip. I mean, just on the face of it, your choice to take this position was a really, really bad thing to do. Do you have any idea how many young men have died in wars to ensure our basic freedoms...such as the freedom to spend a day with our brother and stuff like that.

And on the outside chance that you are insecure, why would you want a guy you would have to leash and tie to a fence in order to keep him away from other ladies? In your lifetime, keeping tabs on your guy could take a lot of energy you could use for more worthwhile activities.

Get help soon, PLEASE!!!

Oh, yes, I will respect your wishes and will not mention just how childish I feel this is. Wouldn't do that for the world.