What is his obsession with her!?

The guy I'm currently seeing I've been seeing now for about 3years on and off. We broke up once and he got involved with a new girl. Her and I once went back and forth and she told me that she'd been seeing him for close to a year. After some months of working through our issues and her being gone I thought we were doing better. This was a year ago when I caught him with her.

I recently found out that he looks at pics of her everyday and sometimes ALL day. I found out because I caught him once. I checked the history of his phone and her social media sites are there everyday pretty much all day!! He tells everyone that she bothers him and is crazy. The other day I overheard him telling her he doesn't want to talk to her and she should get the point by now. He also told her that they never dated. I asked him who it was on the phone he said it was her and she's annoying him and won't leave him alone. We all have the same mutual friends so we do see her sometimes.

Things are starting not to add up. Certain things have been happening that I've been analyzing. First thing she posted a song on her website I'm thinking it's an inside joke between them. I looked at her website because I wanted to research myself. We seen her the very next day on an outing with mutual friends and he started singing that song. She started to smile. It was a hiking trip so it was pretty quiet. The song is about a woman's backside to make matters worse. Throughout the whole trip I would catch him staring at her. He'd literally stare at her like she's the only person in the world. That same day he snuck and took a pic of himself with her in it. He put an emoji over her face and wrote the caption " die" on the pic. So basically he posted a snapchat pic of him and her with her face blocked out that said die and she had no idea he took that picture. All of our friends saw this and were laughing.

I felt that's taking a risk posting a pic of a girl u claim to hate even if it is a mean pic. I feel like that's putting yourself out there. Even tho he covered her face ppl knew it was her.

He and his friends try to torture her BTW. A few days ago we were out with some friends and some of them surprised her with a birthday cake. As soon as it happened he immediately got upset. I could just see the anger on his face Idk why but he wasn't happy about her getting her cake it was soooo weird. While everyone was singing he had this pissed off look. He started to be mean to her afterwards and say rude comments out loud. She didn't respond or acknowledge them however. We are all close to 30 FYI well except her she's 25. I point out our age because it's

soooo childish.

What is his deal this is an obsession in my opinion maybe he likes her and won't admit it but my bf spends waaaay too much time and attention on this girl it's ridiculous. My brother think 's he's in love with her because he said guys don't waste time on girls if they're

over them....

I'm thinking of telling him look stop focusing on her or I'm gone. Is this an obsession what's the problem.? It's not like he gives her positive vibes or energy so should I be worried?

I'm thinking of telling him look stop focusing on her or I'm gone.

Yes, I would have done that exact same thing a long time ago.

Don't try to analyze or rationalize why he's doing it. Just tell him that it ends or you walk.

Then stick to it!!!