Partners friend

Ok so I have been with partner for nearly 4 years and about 6 months ago one of our mutual friends took an interest. We have since been sexually involved. Things between myself and my partner are not great, he can be very controlling and demanding and likes to spend my money rather than his amongst other things, but it is hard to leave. This friend of ours was at first showing a lot of interest even after having sex then after about 2 months things died down, we were still meeting and things were so great when we are together but he does not reply to my texts and can be very off with me. We said I love you for the first time last week and I am unsure on wether this has affected things. Sometimes we are great together others we don't talk for days, any ideas on what's going on inside his head?

Maybe he figured out that someone who will cheat with him may cheat on him, and decided he can do better - or at least discontinue an unethical relationship. Or perhaps he just used you because you let him, and now he's done.

• Like 1