How to signal interest in someone I don't know well?

Redhairedgirl27

There's a cute cashier at the grocery store I frequent in my town. It has been a LONG time since I dated or even really flirted with anyone and I'm not sure how I'd signal my interest to someone I don't know that well or only in a "professional" setting. Whenever I see him he's always super smiley and friendly. Of course, that could just be him being good at his job. But, he's attractive and seems nice.

Caveat: There's a tiny sliver of leeway in that I know he is an acquaintance (and I mean acquaintance, not best friend or anything) of my brother but he doesn't know who I am or that I'm related to my brother. He knows us separately.

The last thing I want is to come across as a total lunatic when he may well just be doing his job. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he has served me a few times now, remembers me, watches me when I come in and brushed my hand once. (ha):D

I am probably being mad, and of course he's working, but what should I do to signal my interest? He's got a killer smile and quite the twinkle in his eyes. :love:

Ha, ha, guys are like shooting fish in a barrel....

When you go to pay, hand him a slip with your phone number on it and, with a wink an a smile, ask 'Do you take coupons?'. Accentuate with an appropriate Rita Hayworth redhead hair toss.

Whatever happens, happens.

Welcome to LS :)