Would you rather be feared or loved in your life?

mental_traveller

Depends what you are feared & loved for. There are times when it's good to be feared. If you're not feared at all, then some people will try to walk over you because they know you won't bite back. If you are respected for your abilities and character, then you can be both loved *and* feared in the appropriate situations. Loved by your friends & family because you're a decent person; feared by competitors, enemies, and unscrupulous strangers, because they know you are a capable individual who will fight back if necessary.

Originally posted by alphamale

I don't' have time 4 that. Just give me the synopsis.

I don't think it's possible to accurately summarize Donny Darko, but it's work the time to watch.

It usually comes as a surprise when I find out someone is intimidated by me. I prefer to be liked and respected, and I'm not the kind of person who would use intimidation to my advantage, but sometimes it works out that way. It almost always throws me off, because it doesn't fit with the image I have of myself.

It almost always throws me off, because it doesn't fit with the image I have of myself.

I'm a soft-hearted mushball and am flabbergasted when people say they are intimidated by me. So I changed my interactions with people a lot. Now I have a friend who gets mad at me for not behaving 'up' to my ability or some such thing.

Ya can't win.

• Author
Originally posted by moimeme

Now I have a friend who gets mad at me for not behaving 'up' to my ability or some such thing.

Ya can't win.

Amen to that :D