did I break girl code? or did she?

A few months ago an acquaintance of mine, had a drunk hook up with my very close male friend. A few weeks ago the same male and I have begun dating. The female acquaintance learned about this Friday night, when she found us together at a club, where she suddenly started coming on strong to both he and I. I went home and he told me that after I left she asked him if she could go home with him. I know he turned it down because he ended up texting me the minute he got home to tell me this. also, because the guy and I are such close friends when he hooked up with her, I know that he regretted it and that he didn't have feelings for her and this way. on Saturday night my guy friend and I had a date, and it's gone very well because we spent the next 24 hours together. All the while this girl has been texting and messaging me asking what I'm doing, if I'm having fun, why I am so quiet, if everything's okay. so I think she's feeling really guilty about hitting on him or trying to find out if I'm with him. but my real question is, did I break girl code because she and I were "friends" & I hooked up with somebody that she had hooked up with first. I feel like that might be what she's having a problem about. she is not one of my very close girlfriends and she's hooked up with 3 guys since the drunk night.

You describe her as an acquaintance, not a friend. Why is an acquaintance texting you asking what you're doing and if you're having fun?

She is certainly breaking the sane person's code by stalking you. I would ignore her.

If she had nothing with him but ONS and no feelings, then no codes are broken. She kind of sounds a bit too aggressive, for the lack of better word, coming on to both of you instead of leaving you alone or not intruding into your night with him. If she bisexual? Or just a bit over the top? Is she perhaps hurt?

Be careful with her in either case if you develop your relationship with that guy into a serious one.

Nope you did not break girl code & neither did she. You two were only acquaintances. If acquaintances could be held to the girl code, I'd be going after my ex's girlfriend with a pitchfork (just kidding) The ex and I were mutual acquaintances of this woman.

Just ignore her.

I had GFs/ best friends sleep with my exes/ lovers....they did not need to ask for my permission. This bro or gal code is just stupid.

I had GFs/ best friends sleep with my exes/ lovers....they did not need to ask for my permission. This bro or gal code is just stupid.

How long after the became your exes?

I had a long FB arrangement with my ex gf's "best friend" immediately after the break up. It was even planned before the breakup. She told me "You should break up with her because she's not good for you and once you break up with her we can be FBs but she can never ever know about this. So the most we can ever be is FBs."

Yes, this was entirely her idea. She approached me out of the blue and gave me good reasons why I should break up with my girlfriend and become her **** buddy.

So, whenever I hear about so-called girl code, I know first hand that it doesn't actually exist when a woman wants a man bad enough.

Edited by Jj66
  • Like 1
How long after the became your exes?

anywhere from a few weeks to 20 years. Seriously, exes are like garbage, once they are on the curb they become public property lol.

• Like 1
Refer to the Supreme Court decision on Bro's vs. Ho's and you should have your answer.....

Yep. It's bros before hos, unless dude is horny n

anywhere from a few weeks to 20 years. Seriously, exes are like garbage, once they are on the curb they become public property lol.

But a little moratorium, no?

Girls have a code? I'm shocked. Simply shocked.

Yes, we do. It is a quite sophisticated and complicated code, I might add.

I'd explain it to you, but then I'd *have to kill you*, so I won't. I like you. So much so, in fact, that I'm waiting patiently for you to break up with your current girlfriend.

Oh, and to move closer to me.

Oh, and for you to hit the MegaMillions lottery.

Then I'll make my move...and *kill* you last, since I like you best. :D

Yes, we do. It is a quite sophisticated and complicated code, I might add.

I'd explain it to you, but then I'd *have to kill you*, so I won't. I like you. So much so, in fact, that I'm waiting patiently for you to break up with your current girlfriend.

Oh, and to move closer to me.

Oh, and for you to hit the MegaMillions lottery.

Then I'll make my move...and *kill* you last, since I like you best. :D

If you promise not to say I love you for at least a few months, I'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow and hope for the best ;)