Was he flirting with me?

So this male acquaintance of mine recently asked me to take a test for him as part of some class project. The test seemed harmless enough, but as he was handing me the test he said to me, 'now remember, this test will allow me to see inside your soul.' Was he flirting with me? There have been other, little things so any advice would be great!

That statement on its own doesn't sounds flirtatious to me. However, if it was said with a wink or blush then yes it could have been flirting. Non verbal signs make all the difference. Watch out for those!

That statement on its own doesn't sounds flirtatious to me. However, if it was said with a wink or blush then yes it could have been flirting. Non verbal signs make all the difference. Watch out for those!

Not everyone blinks or blushes when they flirt. I know I don't. I think you need to focus on how said person tells you these things.

So this male acquaintance of mine recently asked me to take a test for him as part of some class project. The test seemed harmless enough, but as he was handing me the test he said to me, 'now remember, this test will allow me to see inside your soul.' Was he flirting with me? There have been other, little things so any advice would be great!

Please, do tell us what these "other little things" are, because I can't see much of flirting going on.

It was a little flirtatious. Body language would have given more info. It certainly wasn't neutral but he wasn't asking for a date either. It was a "line" that fix the context. Don't read too much into it. But do flirt back if you like him.

Not everyone blinks or blushes when they flirt. I know I don't. I think you need to focus on how said person tells you these things.

I hope you blink at least once when you flirt or your eyes will get sore.

I never meant to suggest that winks or blushes were the only non verbal signs of flirting. They were just examples too illustrate my point. Not everyone expresses themselves the same way but like d0nnivain said, body language would give more info. It helps put things in context, like the use of emoticons in messages.