Does he like me or is he just being friendly?

I'm taking philosophy classes a few times per week after university. There's this man in my group who's 8 years older than me. He's impressed me since the first class cause he's very outspoken and has a great sense of humor. I think I'm starting to like him, but I'm not sure if he feels that way as well or is he just being friendly. We haven't got a chance to talk face to face since I'm going to those classes with a friend and we usually leave right after they end. So, we only talk on Facebook.For around a month we were often casually chatting after the classes, but now it's changed. He keeps on staring at me during the classes with a smile. Also, he always writes me after the class saying how happy he was to see me and that he's looking forwards to other lessons. Also, he called me cute names a few times which sounded more than friendly. But after these messages, I mean, when I reply to them, I usually don't get any response until the next lesson. Then I think - maybe it's all just in my head? He doesn't look like those guys who are flirting with hundreds of girls at a time - he was in a relationship for quite a while and now he's been single for about a year. I'm not sure what to think of all this: from all the messages it seems like he likes me as well; but on the other hand - why doesn't he ask me out then? And why does he take so long to reply?

How could I find out if he actually likes me or is it all in my head? Do you think it's possible that he's just being friendly?

I'm taking philosophy classes a few times per week after university. There's this man in my group who's 8 years older than me. He's impressed me since the first class cause he's very outspoken and has a great sense of humor. I think I'm starting to like him, but I'm not sure if he feels that way as well or is he just being friendly. We haven't got a chance to talk face to face since I'm going to those classes with a friend and we usually leave right after they end. So, we only talk on Facebook.For around a month we were often casually chatting after the classes, but now it's changed. He keeps on staring at me during the classes with a smile. Also, he always writes me after the class saying how happy he was to see me and that he's looking forwards to other lessons. Also, he called me cute names a few times which sounded more than friendly. But after these messages, I mean, when I reply to them, I usually don't get any response until the next lesson. Then I think - maybe it's all just in my head? He doesn't look like those guys who are flirting with hundreds of girls at a time - he was in a relationship for quite a while and now he's been single for about a year. I'm not sure what to think of all this: from all the messages it seems like he likes me as well; but on the other hand - why doesn't he ask me out then? And why does he take so long to reply?

How could I find out if he actually likes me or is it all in my head? Do you think it's possible that he's just being friendly?

I think he likes you.... not sure why he hasn't spoken to you in person though.