If you tell someone you like them and they have no verbal/behavioral response?

HansonGirl

I am just curious if you have ever experienced that. I have. I told the guy-friend I liked him fully expecting it to either turn out good, or turn out bad: it'd be awkward and uncomfortable, or worse, he'd try to take advantage of me in some way. Only the latter things have happened to me prior to that instance.

well, in this particular scenario, the guy said "ok." and then he didn't seem awkward at all. He didn't seem uncomfortable with me in the least - he actually seemed MORE comfortable with me. He didn't avoid me, even a little bit. he didn't flinch. he actually would come up to me. it actually seemed LESS awkward to be completely honest. And believe me i was looking for signs of awkwardness. Sometimes you can TELL if someone is uncomfortable or feels weird. like maybe in a micro-expression. It was almost as if what I told him went in one ear and out the other. It had absolutely no impact on anything. I almost wanted to say, "did you hear what i said?!"

And this is sort of two awkward people we're talking about here (me and him) so that's why I am so confused. I thought I was going to ruin the friendship or make things completely uncomfortable and awkward. I am glad that it was not, but I suppose i just didn't understand how this is possible to be so comfortable and the way it was!

we are still friends to this day.

Edited by HansonGirl
  • Author
If he "liked" you back, he'd ask you on a real date where he picks you up and pays and kisses you and everything.

Well i know that but that's not what I was asking.