My Coworker and His "Friendly Trap"

circlesinfinity

circlesinfinity

I found out that this guy I used to work with is interested in me. Of course it took someone else pointing that out to me because honestly I never noticed it.

So he would invite me to all these different get togethers, even though I don't know anyone there and have different interests compared to all of his friends. He knows that I am shy and don't want to cling to him during these events. I feel like you need some type of "go to" when you don't know anyone else at a party.

Anyway I haven't been to any event yet...but I realized that he would try to introduce his single friends to me. It is only his closest friends that he tries to introduce me to. I think it is odd because I told him I don't think they are interested in me especially since they have never tried to contact me Facebook, even when I say hello.

I feel like he just uses them as spies, for some reason, even though he knows personal things about me.

Recently I figured out that he found out that I am going back to school, so he knows guys who currently go there or have graduated from there. On Facebook, they popped up under "people you may know" (which is no coincidence) and few other things have occurred (I don't want to say).

Why would a guy do this?