NO WARMTH>>>>>>>>>

pagandolphin

pagandolphin

My husband and are complete opposites. We knew that we we got married.

However, things have taken a turn for the worse lately and I am wanting a man's perspective.

First of all, my husband is very intelligent and works with computers for a living. He is also antisocial and pretty much only likes movies, books and eating out. On rare occasions, he likes to go to the local gothic club to dance.

Our problem is that he will not under any circumstances, communicate. We have been to counseling for this because he wanted to learn how not just with me but with other people. Unfortunately, that didn't last long.

Did I just marry someone that is my complete opposite or am I just too idealistic?

All I want is help with the house work (I work a full 40 hours too, no children), to go out and socialize, and mutual respect...like making sure he gets out of bed on time (yes, he is constantly late for work and since he and I ride together....you guessed it...me too). He has never once remembered my birthday (or his parents for that matter) and instead of yelling and gripping, I just tell him how I honestly feel. He, usually, just says, "I will try to do better because I love you." End of story. Period. No changes.

What is the deal?