Fiancé has been trying to get in touch with ex.

Last night my fiancés daughter phoned wanting to talk to her dad, he refused to talk to her and said he'd call her in the morning. She then phoned me and asked if everything was alright between her dad and I. So after I got off the phone I asked him why she'd asked this, my fiancé said that he'd been trying to get in touch with his ex to tell her his mother had died.

This ex is still in touch with his daughter and told her right away, she also already knew about his mothers passing.

This morning I checked his messenger and he was asking for her phone number she refused to give it out and asked for his number so she could ring him.

If it's all so innocent why was he hiding this? And why would he refuse to talk to his daughter about it while I'm around?

I really don't know what to think about this.

What are your thoughts?

AdamantyumKrystal

gurl you should try and confront ur bff about this little escapade he's doing,like what would he say if u would try to reconnect like dat with an ex from your past?? <<<<

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Author
either way gurl you should try and confront ur bff about this little escapade he's doing,like what would he say if u would try to reconnect like dat with an ex from your past?? <<<<

Thank you. I appreciate a sensible reply. :-)

The ex actually called him back while I was sitting beside him. His side of the conversation was guarded, she seemed to want to chat.

We've had visitors so I haven't had the chance to ask him more.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1

He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing.

When someone is hiding something it certainly makes you wonder what.

No way for us to know... only 2 people know the communications that are passing between them...

I would not be happy with that situation.

mystikmind2005

Perhaps i am just tired, but i cannot seem to fully understand who what where?

His daughter = the daughter of the ex in question??

You would expect any ex's with offspring together will likely be in touch with each other for life.... if they were not, that is more of a red flag in my opinion.

You would expect any ex's with offspring together will likely be in touch with each other for life.... if they were not, that is more of a red flag in my opinion.

I dont agree.

My ex husband was abusive. After divorce, neither of my kids ( now 16 and 19) nor I , have maintained any contact with him. He tries occassionaly but we havent.He pays for their education but thats it.Its not a red flag.

mystikmind2005
I dont agree.

My ex husband was abusive. After divorce, neither of my kids ( now 16 and 19) nor I , have maintained any contact with him. He tries occassionaly but we havent.He pays for their education but thats it.Its not a red flag.

huh? you disagree but then agree?

Mebe you misunderstood my point... which is, that if they are 'not' in contact, it is more of a red flag... a red flag in your case him being abusive, that is exactly the kind of red flag i was talking about.

• Author

No this ex and him have no children together, this is his daughter with another woman.

It could be something but it could be nothing. This can only be revealed through communication. You are his fiancée right now, which means the ball is still in your court if you see a red flag. You haven't said any vows yet.

• Like 1
mystikmind2005
No this ex and him have no children together, this is his daughter with another woman.

ahhh, then its not good. Is he still in touch with the ex who 'is' the mother?

• Author
ahhh, then its not good. Is he still in touch with the ex who 'is' the mother?

Only if they have to be for their children.