Please Help With This Relationship!

Cain Markman

Cain Markman

Can anyone please help me? I was just reading some material on relationships and dating by a famous relationship counselor. She said one of the biggest mistakes that people make at the beginning of relationship is giving too much. She said that a lot of times, they say "I love you" and give all kinds of gifts, etc. too early in the relationship and it messes things up. She said this prevents love from blossoming naturally and that when starting a relationship, you should hold back a little and play hard to get at least a little. I believe she is right. I met this wonderful young woman and fell in love with her. She seemed interested too until I told her that I loved her and started buying her things. Now, she doesn't seem very interested any more. It seems like she doesn't want me as much now that she knows she could have me. My question for everyone is: Is it still possible to play hard to get after you tell someone that you love him/her and you have bought him/her a lot of gifts, etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I want to do whatever is possible to save this relationship.

Thanks,

Cain

It is difficult for me to answer you on this one because I only know the woman's point of view. I think it is easier for a woman to play hard to get for a man rather than for a man to play hard to get for a woman, since males, traditionaly are supposed to be the "hunters".

I would create some distance between you and her right now by detaching yourself from her. You must give her the right amount of breathing space time for her to start missing you again.

Anything is possible. I don't know enough details about this particular situation to really comment on your individual case, but I wouldn't rule out the impossible yet.

Tell us more details and we might be able to help you even more.\

Shira

Can anyone please help me? I was just reading some material on relationships and dating by a famous relationship counselor. She said one of the biggest mistakes that people make at the beginning of relationship is giving too much. She said that a lot of times, they say "I love you" and give all kinds of gifts, etc. too early in the relationship and it messes things up. She said this prevents love from blossoming naturally and that when starting a relationship, you should hold back a little and play hard to get at least a little. I believe she is right. I met this wonderful young woman and fell in love with her. She seemed interested too until I told her that I loved her and started buying her things. Now, she doesn't seem very interested any more. It seems like she doesn't want me as much now that she knows she could have me. My question for everyone is: Is it still possible to play hard to get after you tell someone that you love him/her and you have bought him/her a lot of gifts, etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I want to do whatever is possible to save this relationship.

Thanks, Cain

Isnt that funny. As soon as you fall in love with them they start to dislike you.

Is it true? Do women want men to be bastards?

They certainly like men to be arrogant.

You may have to find a way of holding back.

Austin Reed

You're screwed. If you ever had the upper hand you have lost it. Women never forget ANYTHING and they are quick to typecast you. If you do something they either like or dislike more than once to them you do it all the time.

Hope you have a good income because those gifts are going to get expensive. By the way there is no reverse gear in a relationship. Lotsa luck