Hello I am new on here but I need help. My girlfriend set her phone down the other day and shexleftcit open on the text message screen and I seen a text that said one of her friends was having a birthday party on the 12th and they asked her if she was bringing her hubby and I'm assuming they mentioned me, I'm not her hubby but her boyfriend and her reply was I will ask him. So now a few days before the party I ask her if she has any plans later this,week and she says no, then the day before the party she tells me she forgot she has a party to go to tomorrow night. So her not knowing I seen the text I say am I going or just you and she says just her. So I am a little pissed she did not invite me after she told her friend she was. Should I be worried about another guy or is she just trying to get time by herself. I can't just ask her because then she will think I was looking through her phone. Any advice would be great.

• Author

I need some advice my gf set her phone down the other day on the text message page and I seen a text come across the screen that says her friend Lori is having a birthday party on the 12th are you coming and are you bringing your hubby I am NOT her hubby I am her boyfriend I am assuming they were talking about me as she does not have a husband so a few days ago I asked her if she had any plans later this week because she still had not asked me to go she said no so today she tells me oh I forgot I have a birthday party tomorrow night so I said am I invited or is it just you and she says just her so I am a little pissed because she said she would ask me but never did so should I be worried about another man or is she just trying to have time by herself however I cannot ask her this because she will think I was looking through her phone please help what to do I do not want to cause an argument over nothing am I overreacting

So you think your GF is married just because of the use of Hubby?

My opinion is hubby can be used for BF as well as H, i would not read to much into it.

Also, maybe she does not want to bring you along... maybe ask in a nice way if you could go. See where it goes from there.

Right now i don't think anything nefarious is going on.

I wouldn't look into it any more unless more were to come to mind. Wouldn't surprise me to have a girlfriend tell their friends "I'll ask him", but her intentions are "I'd like a girls time out".

You'll inevitably notice more if she had some scandal going on. Is there more to the story, and did you go through her phone?

I don't think she is married just wondering why she would say she would invite me and then not invite me and never even mention me going.

Well just ask her. You brought up the hubby issue which i do not read too much into, but perhaps the friend asking if you are going caused a "logistical issue" as in the world of "social fluff", things like if one has a guy and another does not in many circles causes a perceived "uncomfortable mood" or maybe they want just girls or maybe it is as bad as your gut says...

Just ask her.... nicely that you would like to go.

I don't think she is married just wondering why she would say she would invite me and then not invite me and never even mention me going.

Something a little odd is going on - do you guys live together?

WonderWoman911

I wouldn't necessarily say that you have anything to worry about. She probably just wanted to spend some time with her friends alone. Just let her enjoy herself. But at least she mentioned it to you that she was going. She isn't hiding it from you or lied about it.

Hey folks, saw duplicate threads so combined them and left both posts since they're written slightly differently and moved to CFJ since the starter isn't married. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks!

She either didn't want you with her in that party or she has another "hubby" can you follow her and see if she is taking someone else. Or if you know where the party is just go there before her then watch

In many long term relationships which end up with cheating, the 'cheated on' side is very surprised thinking "How could she\he lie to me?" Well, i think that the seeds of "liars material" can be observed from the beginning of any relationship. You have now a chance to watch that seed.

She may lied to you because she probably thought she wont be free at the party with your present, Or maybe she thought you may not fit to the party atmosphere, and didn't want to hurt you by telling you that...

It really doesn't matter. What matters is that she'd lied to you. She thinks that lies is a good way to run a relationship. I can tell you 100% certainty - lies become only bigger as the years go by. When you agree to small lies in the beginning, you will wake up in a relationship full of lies and deceptions.

She's not cheating, she doesn't want you there. The reason? Only she can answer that. When your partner doesn't want you there, there is something she is unhappy about in your relationship. It's possible she is on the fence, and this is just a step away from her stepping away.

Ask her why she doesn't want you to come along, and go from there.

BTW people use the term hubby or old man when you have been together for awhile.

I don't know. Something doesn't feel right with this situation. My spidey senses are going off. I think you need to look into this a little more. Something seems....off to me.

Then again, a little more context would be helpful. If you guy have been dating for years, her friends calling you "Hubby" may be normal. Do you guys live together? If not, do you spend time at her place or is she always coming to you? If you text her, does it sometimes take a while for her to respond? Do the two of you have a hard time meeting up sometimes?

She either didn't want you with her in that party or she has another "hubby" can you follow her and see if she is taking someone else. Or if you know where the party is just go there before her then watch

Oh my goodness. No. Just no.

• Like 1