How can I get to know this woman?

I have a woman, a single mother of 3 kids on my FB friends who I don't know personally, we've never met in person. She was in a relationship until about a

month ago and is now single.

So how can I message her and talk to her without being creepy? I feel it's harder because we don't know each other. The other thing that holds me back is the fact she has only just come out of the other relationship and keeps posting things about how she's sick of trying with relationships and giving her heart etc, so I don't want to be someone's rebound.

She likes some of things I post so is aware of me being on her friends. How long does the rebound phase for a woman last?

Give me your advice.

I have a woman, a single mother of 3 kids on my FB friends who I don't know personally, we've never met in person. She was in a relationship until about a

month ago and is now single.

So how can I message her and talk to her without being creepy? I feel it's harder because we don't know each other. The other thing that holds me back is the fact she has only just come out of the other relationship and keeps posting things about how she's sick of trying with relationships and giving her heart etc, so I don't want to be someone's rebound.

She likes some of things I post so is aware of me being on her friends. How long does the rebound phase for a woman last?

Give me your advice.

How is it she is on your friends list but you don't know her? How did you two become FB friends? That is key to giving you advice.

• Author
How is it she is on your friends list but you don't know her? How did you two become FB friends? That is key to giving you advice.

We have mutual friends, I added her about 7 months ago and she accepted it.

How long should I give it? What if she is talking to some other guy on facebook right now?

So what if she is? She is not yours....You really do not even know her.

• Author
So what if she is? She is not yours....You really do not even know her.

Well, I don't want to miss out on something without even trying?

Well, I don't want to miss out on something without even trying?

What do you feel like you may miss out on? Shes a single mom just out of a relationship and you two do not know each other...No offence dude just not feeling it...You know? Anyhow follow your heart and good luck.

• Author
What do you feel like you may miss out on? Shes a single mom just out of a relationship and you two do not know each other...No offence dude just not feeling it...You know? Anyhow follow your heart and good luck.

Nope, I don't understand your position. On the one hand you are saying she is not ready for a relationship due to just coming out of one, while on the other agreeing that she could be talking to another guy (with a view to a relationship) so either she is ready to talk to a new guy or she's not. It' cant be both.

Nope, I don't understand your position. On the one hand you are saying she is not ready for a relationship due to just coming out of one, while on the other agreeing that she could be talking to another guy (with a view to a relationship) so either she is ready to talk to a new guy or she's not. It' cant be both.

Don't put words in my mouth...I said what if she was talking to another guy...Not that she was. I did not mean to confuse you...That being said keep us updated if you make a move I'm interested to see how it works out.

Edited by Redfisher
We have mutual friends, I added her about 7 months ago and she accepted it.

Get your mutual friends to introduce you IRL. Trying to befriend somebody through FB in and of itself seems creepy to me. If they won't introduce you IRL, unfriend her & move on because it's only a pipe dream that will never come true.

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm you do sound kind of creepy.

I mean you are spying on her fb and you add her but you not even know her.

Never spoke to her either. But you spy on her fb and by that you "know" something of her.

You should leave her alone thou. Single mother with 3, the last thing she need is more drama.

Or someone of fb.

What atrackt you in a single mother of 3 anyway? Cause i dont hear you say anything about why you like her.

Just leave her alone!

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Well things have moved on a little bit with this one. We have started to get to know each other a little bit since and she is always liking my pics online, so what should I do with someone in this situation in terms of asking them out? We have only talked a little bit but have been liking each other pics back and forth for a while now.

Do I carry on talking a bit longer before asking her out? I mean with someone who has been let down in the past, how can you be sure when they are ready to pull the trigger on dating again? What if i ask her out too soon after talking?

• Author
Uhm you do sound kind of creepy.

I mean you are spying on her fb and you add her but you not even know her.

Never spoke to her either. But you spy on her fb and by that you "know" something of her.

You should leave her alone thou. Single mother with 3, the last thing she need is more drama.

Or someone of fb.

What atrackt you in a single mother of 3 anyway? Cause i dont hear you say anything about why you like her.

Just leave her alone!

Learn how to spell before you try to admonish me! I bet you don't even know what 'admonish' means, do you?

If two people seem to find each other attractive, what the hell does it matter if they met online or not? How many millions of couples do not know each other at all before they get together? How many thousands of couples have met on instagram for heaven's sake!?

You think people all of a sudden become unattractive or off limits for ever dating again, simply on the basis that they have kids? Do you live in the real world? People don't have kids and then never date anyone ever again.

and we had MUTUAL FRIENDS before I added her. It's not someone I just plucked out of thin air.