Unrequited feelings for my military supervisor

worldexploded

worldexploded

Just wanted to mention first that this forum has helped me out a lot in the past. Looking back on my older posts I see how ridiculous I was being and how you guys were always right. Really needing that now. lol

I'm a reservist. I love my squadron and my profession however I have strong feelings for my supervisor, a full time reservist who has just as much pride in what he does.

The two years I've known him I've always respected him but also fell for him very quickly. Eventually I decided to get to know him better. We started texting a lot, he even came over to my house to help me fix my air conditioning. He shared a lot of personal stuff about himself which made me like him even more. I found out we have a lot in common and I felt we really clicked.

I recently told him how I felt. I was hoping to receive a reality check and get rid of a distraction but I learned he also has feelings for me. I'm 24 he's 32, both of us are single. At first he wanted to help me find a solution to him becoming a "distraction" for me and remain professional about it but the conversation became sexual quickly.

I learned that like me, he is also into BDSM, both of us have wanted someone to explore this with. This made me even more excited to be with him. For a few days we discussed actually doing this together but he chose to stick with policy because it would be unprofessional to pursue. He works with active duty full time so I understand why.

Although I know he was right for doing so, I still can't get over him. He recently got back together with his ex which has made me kind of depressed. I'm contemplating moving to another squadron since there is no one else who could take his place as my direct supervision.

I believe if it wasn't for his position we would be amazing together. I keep holding on to the thought that if I worked in another section of my career field eventually this would happen for me. Am I being stupid?

Give it to me straight, guys.

Edited by worldexploded

Go read the UCMJ laws & regulations about fraternization as well as the penalties which include court martial & dishonorable discharge. Then look up how tough it is to get anywhere in life with a dishonorable discharge on your record. If that doesn't cool your libido, I don't know what will.

• Like 2

Here you go. The first part of the chorus is my advice to you, "Keep your..."

You'll be out eventually. Until then, I think a transfer is a good idea.