me vs best friend?!

Known my friend for over a year, we're both in our last year of high school.

Really cool, care for each other. Her she I got closer when the semester started, though i haven't taken her out (no car, insufficient funds).

She said she liked me, I told her I like her, her and I become exclusive. Then a few weeks later she says "we're not exclusive anymore".

Feelings did get a bit hurt on my end, but apparently she thinks of me as a friend. The kick is that she gets mad when I talk to, or even bring up other girls.

She makes plans to hang out with me today, doesn't text me back till 1am saying " just woke up lol Hi". Though she likes being around me.

I finally told her "I'm not dealing with this anymore. You had a chance, text me when you actually want something from me".

What did I do wrong? Should i give her space?

Advice?

The not taking her out thing could have been a problem. If you are both students, it's normal for the two of you catch a bus and split the cost of an outing. It's really important to spend time together doing nice stuff so that you can further cement your bond.

That said, a girl who doesn't want to be exclusive but gets bent out of shape if you talk to others isn't worth your time. You can do better.

• Author
The not taking her out thing could have been a problem. If you are both students, it's normal for the two of you catch a bus and split the cost of an outing. It's really important to spend time together doing nice stuff so that you can further cement your bond.

That said, a girl who doesn't want to be exclusive but gets bent out of shape if you talk to others isn't worth your time. You can do better.

Every time we have plans she doesn't text back

If she's not texting back, then it's time to move on. And you don't need to tell her that you're moving on....just stop texting.

She's backing out of the dating relationship gently. Start dating other girls whether she likes it or not because she said you're not exclusive. So there you go.

• Like 1