Sleeping with the enemy????

random tears

hey ya-

I am 26 my boyfriend is 32...the problem is he doesnt speak english and I dont speak spanish....we speak enough to get by. We have been together for 11 months now. Lately, I have been really confused about his actions. It seems like he is being really decietfull with me or maybe he always was only I never caught on..or maybe it is our language barrier...at any rate, I need help! I now live with him at his persistance and insistance, have been for about 6 months. I do truly love him...people, dont start! I can hear you saying "how do you know you truly love him if you cant understand him" trust me, I know....who has advice????

******* Seriously, I need help....I dont have family, or friends to go to for advice...I am on my own little island, and I feel like I am sinking....fast. He seems to have a with people, very charming, lots of family and friends...LET ME GIVE YOU ONE TINY IRRELEVENT EXAMPLE of what I mean:

Okay...So naturally I eat with him and his family...welll......sometimes I am really confused about the meat that they cook so I ask...and they tell me it is pork or chicken. I DO NOT EAT COW MEAT...(nothing religious, I am just scared of it) anyway, he AND his family tricked me mutiple times telling me it was pork...No, I didnt know the difference because they season it so much and some pork looks dark like meat....

I seem to be dealing with issues of deciet both large and small, but I am not sure if it is just the food deciet or true deciet...I sense something amiss...not sure what....HELPP MMMMMEEEEE!

I would imagine part of it is the language barrier. How can you truly communicate when you speak different languages? I guess there is no universal language of love. I suggest you brush up your Spanish and he brush up his English.

• Author
random tears

Thank you for your advice...I guess that seems to be the common concensus....